• The KillerFrogs

Strollers and Baseball Games

H0RNEDFR0G

I got turned away with a stroller last year. It was very annoying, but haven't tried since. I don't think I've seen a stroller in there in a couple of years.

Froglaw

Yes. I've had it happen at AGCS, Schollmeier, and Lupton. The last time it happened at Lupton I lost it. We were walking to the LF gate from Lot 13 and the parking lot attendant taking parking passes told me I couldn't have my son on my shoulders b/c it was unsafe. I gave her all the reasons why it was safer for him to be up there than walking himself and she said I'd have to be removed by police if I didn't comply. It's just remarkable to me that event staff would threaten to have police remove you for carrying a small child on your shoulders. What kind of darned up world do we live in where people think it's any of their darning business to tell you what's best for your child unless you're committing crimes against them.

But I digress. You got me fired up all over again. I ended up taking him off my shoulders to walk past her. We got about 20 yards away and he went right back up. I have a low level of tolerance for idiocy.

Next time tell them to call the police. I'm sure either the TCU PD or FWPD would love to enter into a conversation about "LEGAL BEHAVIOR".

MORONS WITH A YELLOW JACKET AND AN OUNCE OF POWER.

Purp

Stadium staff learning in a "meeting before the game" and rolling it out that day seems like a recipe for fan frustration. This is the sort of change in policy that needs to be communicated a bit more copiously, in my opinion.
The way they worded it I got the impression it was just for that game only. Either way, I agree you need to put that out at least a day before the game. Even an attempt to put it out an hour before first pitch would have been better than telling everyone when they get to the park.

Last edited:

Purp

I got turned away with a stroller last year. It was very annoying, but haven't tried since. I don't think I've seen a stroller in there in a couple of years.
Interesting. Did they say why? I didn't start paying attention to strollers until I had kids, but I don't think I've been to a game since my son was born where I didn't see strollers.

HFrog1999

When my kids were infants, we used to roll them up the old ACS ramp all the way to the second deck. There was an unofficial stroller parking lot right by the portal to the seats. Of course, that was the olden days when TCU was fan friendly to those of us with less than 2 commas in our bank accounts ;-)

We just found out our new friends who we've known for 4-5 months now are anti-vaxers. Their 1.5 yo has never been vaccinated and they basically don't go to a doctor.

We met this couple at the park yesterday. Their girl and our son were interacting and we had nice, casual conversation. My wife and I were talking later that we both silently wondered if these were our new best friends. As they were leaving the little girl started eating dirt and I almost made a Beto joke but didn't. They looked like they could be marginal Beto people and I didn't want to take a chance on ruining a potential friendship.

smufrogger

No sympathy here. Strollers are a major pain to navigate around and also can create fire hazards. I took all my kids from months old via my arms. Carry the kids or have them stay home.

HFrog1999

No sympathy here. Strollers are a major pain to navigate around and also can create fire hazards. I took all my kids from months old via my arms. Carry the kids or have them stay home.

d54d994c8458b4f93c4aa76a1d14297c.gif

Double V

Yes. I've had it happen at AGCS, Schollmeier, and Lupton. The last time it happened at Lupton I lost it. We were walking to the LF gate from Lot 13 and the parking lot attendant taking parking passes told me I couldn't have my son on my shoulders b/c it was unsafe. I gave her all the reasons why it was safer for him to be up there than walking himself and she said I'd have to be removed by police if I didn't comply. It's just remarkable to me that event staff would threaten to have police remove you for carrying a small child on your shoulders. What kind of darned up world do we live in where people think it's any of their darning business to tell you what's best for your child unless you're committing crimes against them.

But I digress. You got me fired up all over again. I ended up taking him off my shoulders to walk past her. We got about 20 yards away and he went right back up. I have a low level of tolerance for idiocy.
Wow. I've walked around AGCS dozens of times with my son on my shoulders and never a peep. I would be a real pain in the ass for anyone trying to get me to stop.

H0RNEDFR0G

Interesting. Did they say why? I didn't start paying attention to strollers until I had kids, but I don't think I've been to a game since my son was born where I didn't see strollers.

They just told me they were prohibited and that all we could bring in was a clear bag. I showed them that my ticket was GA and assured him that my stroller wouldn't be getting in anyones way, but he just apologized and said he couldn't let me bring it in. Rather than walk all the way back to the truck and back to the ballpark ( I think we were parked on Hilltop Rd.) we just left.

We haven't tried to bring the stroller in again, but it's a definitely kept us from attending as many games as we would've if they were more flexible on the issue.

Last edited: