• The KillerFrogs

Re: Little Abby Faber, the Honorary ISU Captain Tre Met at the Game **Please Read**

B

Backup Waterboy

TCURiggs said:

We can definitely start this thing, so please PM me, or just post some contact info (email address) on here, so we can get this rolling. 

Ok. Just spoke to McKenzie's family and while they really appreciate the idea they would prefer we donate to ST Jude or Childhood cancer research fund and keep McKenzie in our prayers.

TCURiggs

Backup Waterboy said:
Ok. Just spoke to McKenzie's family and while they really appreciate the idea they would prefer we donate to ST Jude or Childhood cancer research fund and keep McKenzie in our prayers.

Fair enough. I think it says a lot about them that they would rather have donations go to the greater good instead of their own situation. That's impressive. Here's a link to the St Jude donations page... I'm in:

https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/donation.do?cID=14262&pID=24671

HornedFrog4Life

Great idea an great execution. Proud to be a Frog today.

I have been feeding homeless every Tuesday night for the last 2 months. First time to ever do this but Ivan tell you that I have received more from them in a number of ways than anything I have provided. It is so much better to give than receive.

Saw this thread and well a my dog licked me in on the face a lot. I know it looked like tears but he had a mouth full of water.

Just donated $100 to this beautiful little angel. God bBless Trevone and the Horned Frog Nation.

HornedFrog4Life

Great idea an great execution. Proud to be a Frog today.

I have been feeding homeless every Tuesday night for the last 2 months. First time to ever do this but Ivan tell you that I have received more from them in a number of ways than anything I have provided. It is so much better to give than receive.

Saw this thread and well a my dog licked me in on the face a lot. I know it looked like tears but he had a mouth full of water.

Just donated $100 to this beautiful little angel. God bBless Trevone and the Horned Frog Nation.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Since the Thursday night football game ran late, CBS (Channel 11) just ran a quick story on it and linked it on their website under Links & Numbers.

yurintroubl

I'm just hoping that other kid captains can benefit from the attention Abby is getting.  I like the idea of challenging the other teams that play in Ames to try to match this effort.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
steelfrog said:
Losing momentum...
As it is hitting media outlets today I think it will create another round of giving from those outside the Frog family. Go Abby and proud of those that have donated.

FrogCop19

On a hilarious side note, I noticed on the baylor site they had a thread titled, "Say nice things about ISU."  So, in the interest of not only giving them a chance to put their money where their mouth is but also hoping to get more money for young Abby, I posted this:

Ok folks, in line with posting nice things about ISU, I have a...scenario.

Just *say*, for the sake of it, that someone has set up a "YouCaring" site for the young lady that was an honorary captain last week at the TCU/ISU game. She has cerebral palsy, and this would help immeasurably with medical costs for surgeries and such that insurance won't cover. This fund has no affiliation with any other school, save for the person who started it. The original goal was 1k, but was surpassed within 5 hours or so. It has since been bumped up to 2k, 5k, and now stands at 7.6k with a 10k goal after less than 24 hours. Let's force them to bump it up to 25k and beyond.

https://www.youcaring.com/abby-faber...ZQpSBgcw.email

If you are able to donate, show that, as we have discussed in another thread on here, how football *is* just a game, but this girl might have a chance at a better life with *ALL* our generosity. This is not about TCU, Baylor, or even ISU. This is about a young lady that fate has dealt a difficult hand to. If you TRULY want to be a part of something great, play a positive part in this girl's future. 

Thanks.

Not. A. Single. Response.  Not one.  In fact, it has completely shut down the thread, and it has dropped off the first page. Confirmation of most of the people over at that site achieved.

tcudoc

In Gary We Trust said:
Anyone watch South Park this week?
Charity shaming...
960.jpg