• The KillerFrogs

Re: Little Abby Faber, the Honorary ISU Captain Tre Met at the Game **Please Read**

Butch lambert

I'm in and most of you know I'm a Mountaineer fan. I'll repeat what a lot of you know. We meet Trevone at the DFW Airport last year. We were flying to Orlando for the ESPN Awards show. Our Grandson was one of the 3 finalist for the Lou Groza award. Trevone was a very nice and kind young man. Before the awards ceremony they had the recipients walking down a red carpet in a fenced walkway. Tre saw us as he was walking in with Marriota and Prescott. He stopped, walked around the fence and gave the wife and I a hug. He is a special young man.

Frogblood

Does anyone know McKenzie's story? I know she has cancer and it seems Josh Doctson plays for her and tweets about her every week. Maybe she could be called out to the field at a home game and eventually we could help her (next month), like Micah and Abby. I will email CDC about her story getting shared but wanted to see if anyone on this forum had information about her first. It seems several TCU players "play" for kids and it would be great to help more, a great way to show our gratitude towards the players.

AroundWorldFrog

Frogblood said:
Does anyone know McKenzie's story? I know she has cancer and it seems Josh Doctson plays for her and tweets about her every week. Maybe she could be called out to the field at a home game and eventually we could help her (next month), like Micah and Abby. I will email CDC about her story getting shared but wanted to see if anyone on this forum had information about her first. It seems several TCU players "play" for kids and it would be great to help more, a great way to show our gratitude towards the players.
I expended my limited internet search capabilities and could not find further.  Perhaps someone can tweet Josh and see what they can find out?

OICU812

Butch Lambert said:
I'm in and most of you know I'm a Mountaineer fan. I'll repeat what a lot of you know. We meet Trevone at the DFW Airport last year. We were flying to Orlando for the ESPN Awards show. Our Grandson was one of the 3 finalist for the Lou Groza award. Trevone was a very nice and kind young man. Before the awards ceremony they had the recipients walking down a red carpet in a fenced walkway. Tre saw us as he was walking in with Marriota and Prescott. He stopped, walked around the fence and gave the wife and I a hug. He is a special young man.
Very nice story, had not read it before. Thanks for sharing!!!

ISUcyclones11

RollToad said:
I'm so damn proud.

But seriously, this is awesome! Keep it up Frogs!

TBH this situation made me like TCU, but I've never liked Baylor. Art Briles is a great coach but I just don't like him or BU fans. They compete with Maryland, UK, and KU for "Worst Fans in the Country"

yurintroubl

Frogblood said:

+4

I have no problem making 2 donations in one week.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
$18,870 raised in a 24 hour period. PoP, it's your initiative and compassion that brought the Frog family together in an unbelievable way. Thank you. Go Abby!

GO_DJ

Ticket Exchange Pass
Side note: if someone in Boykin's family was sick (with something serious, but not terminal), and someone started a gofundme campaign for them, would it be an NCAA violation?  Think about how out of control this could be if it was allowed for recruits.