• The KillerFrogs

Re: Little Abby Faber, the Honorary ISU Captain Tre Met at the Game **Please Read**

yurintroubl

Hoosierfrog said:
Anyone send this to Tom Rinaldi? Sounds like something right down his alley...

Purple.

In a time where the game is routinely summed up in terms of black and blue, too often determined by yellow and widely tarnished by green...  We are graced by a moment in purple.

What, specifically, does a color carry on this day? ...in this place?   A tinted image etched on our collective conscience...  Of an ordinary [yet extraordinary] gesture exemplifying, unequivocally, the transcendent nature of "sport"... At once, equal parts majesty and humility.  Lone Star swagger giving way to something bigger than the game.  Purple - The color of royalty....  Here not bestowed, but EARNED... on the field, but ABOVE the game.

Here we find ourselves joined... We who bleed so many different hues. In this moment...in THIS place.... our hearts beat purple...together.

yurintroubl said:

Purple.

In a time where the game is routinely summed up in terms of black and blue, too often determined by yellow and widely tarnished by green...  We are graced by a moment in purple.

What, specifically, does a color carry on this day? ...in this place?   A tinted image etched on our collective conscience...  Of an ordinary [yet extraordinary] gesture exemplifying, unequivocally, the transcendent nature of "sport"... At once, equal parts majesty and humility.  Lone Star swagger giving way to something bigger than the game.  Purple - The color of royalty....  Here not bestowed, but EARNED... on the field, but ABOVE the game.

Here we find ourselves joined... We who bleed so many different hues. In this moment...in THIS place.... our hearts beat purple...together.

Did you just make up a Rinaldi impression at 4:30 AM?  Well done, lass.  Well done.

yurintroubl

PhormerPhrog said:

Did you just make up a Rinaldi impression at 4:30 AM?  Well done, lass.  Well done.

Thanky.... but between you n' me and the internet - I actually came up with it around 3:15 AM... just the alcohol made it a lot harder to organize the big ol' bag of scrabble letters I had in my brain pan.

Ron Swanson

yurintroubl said:

Purple.

That was incredibly well done

yurintroubl

cdsfrog said:
Did u read in the Rinaldi voice? I swear it's dead on. Well done!

BTW I did tweet to him

I had the voice in my head before I could even nail down an actual Rinaldi-ism...  Then the Rose Bowl piece we all hold near n' dear became my springboard.

yurintroubl said:

Purple.

Dang girl u type purdy!