• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

I went to a theater exactly once all of last year. While the film I watched was pretty good, the experience was not so much.

Mrs. Brewingfrog got 'Bohemian Rhapsody' to watch the other night. Of the actors, I thought the guy playing Brian May did the best job. The guy doing Freddy just looked like somebody who couldn't figure out how to talk with goofy fake teeth in the way...

Now, get off my lawn!
Ford vs Ferrari is worth the trip

Eight

Watched it last night. Give it a solid 7/10. Entertaining but the Ford guys were painfully predictable stereotypes. Also thought Matt Damon probably wasn't the perfect choice. He's good in virtually everything, so it was fine, but not the perfect choice. Bale was remarkable as always

agree it was an enjoyable movie for me, but it is also a subject i have an interest.

if you read the book you will see the ford guys really were that much of a stereotype as they truly had no idea what they were getting into or for that matter doing in designing race cars from the ground up and it really is amazing any drvers survived in those race cars from the 50's, 60's, and 70's

i agree that matt damon just could not pull off shelby and the obvious choice was mcconaughey

Ron Swanson

New season of Narcos Mexico is far and away better than last season’s.
Last season of Narcos Mexico was amazing and way better than all 3 seasons of the original Narcos. I’m about to start episode 5 of season 2 of Narcos Mexico. It’s good so far but I haven’t seen anything yet that makes it better than last season.

Chongo94

Last season of Narcos Mexico was amazing and way better than all 3 seasons of the original Narcos. I’m about to start episode 5 of season 2 of Narcos Mexico. It’s good so far but I haven’t seen anything yet that makes it better than last season.

Story just moves far better for me. Last season was a complete grind, even stopped watching for a few months until I came back to it. This season has binged by.

But I’ve also read a book about all these dudes and the formation of all the cartels so I like seeing each interact with the others and whatnot and that’s what I’m getting this season.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

I’m watching “The Son” on Hulu right now. On episode 7.

It’s good so far. About a man and his family in early/semi-early Texas. Pierce Brosnan is the lead.

jake102

Had a lot of flights this week and caught two movies:

Zombieland 2 -- solid B. Not as good as the first but very solid.

Parasite -- A. I get why it won best picture, but probably didn't think it was as good as most people.

Jojo Rabbit -- A- or B+. Good, not great.

I've seen all the Best Picture nominees except 1917 and Little Women. I'd probably choose OUATIH personally.

Other side note -- I'm loving this season of BCS. They definitely slowed played the series too much in the beginning with Chuck, this season should have been season 4 in my opinion, but I'm really liking it S5 so far.

Frog-in-law1995

I caught Zombieland 2 and Blackkklansman on flights last weekend. Liked both. Started and gave up quickly on both Jojo Rabbit and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Both required WAY more attention than I was willing to give them.

Had several flights the last few weeks. Here's the rundown of movies:

Jojo Rabbit - Awesome. Instantly one of my favorite movies.

Joker - JP was amazing. High quality flick.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Pitt was great. Not sure why he was listed as the supporting actor. Overall, average with a really good ending.

Mr Rogers or whatever it's called - Solid

A Quiet Place - Held my attention fornthe entire time. Looking forward to the sequel.