• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

tetonfrog

I am taking a break from superhero movies after Infinity Wars. That was so bad that I can't fork out any money for any more of those. A coworker told me to go see Venom, but I couldn't do it.

That scene with Star Lord punchng Thanos was the worst thing I have ever seen in a movie theatre. It was worse than Dan Ackroyd's groundskeeper character asking Ty Webb to suck poison from his ass in CaddyShack 2.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I am taking a break from superhero movies after Infinity Wars. That was so bad that I can't fork out any money for any more of those. A coworker told me to go see Venom, but I couldn't do it.

That scene with Star Lord punchng Thanos was the worst thing I have ever seen in a movie theatre. It was worse than Dan Ackroyd's groundskeeper character asking Ty Webb to suck poison from his ass in CaddyShack 2.
Yeah that scene nearly pulled me out of that film, would have been better if Starlord got to the breaking point and before he did something Thanos was able to break Mantis’ hold.

Chongo94

Does Spider-Ham play a large role in this movie? I get that this movie is doing a multiverse aspect but I’ve always hated the whole spider-ham deal.

Chongo94

Currently watching Braveheart on Showtime. Viewing # God-only-knows. Whenever I come across Braveheart, I’m stopping down for it. Every time.

Indeed; It's not truly the Christmas season until I see Hans Gruber fall off Nakatomi Plaza.

That's a good list; I'd add Shawshank and Rocky 1 as mandatory rewatchs.

Last of the Mohicans was on this morning. That’s always been a channel surfing stopper for me for sure.

Eight

That is exactly where it was within the movie (saw Seneca make his decision) when I found it, which made it double the stop on and watch.

favorite part of that sequence is the section just up to and between the two fights.

no cheesy or forced dialogue, incredible expressed range of emotions with really no audible words, fights are not 10-minutes long shot with a shaky camera, you know what is at stake, you know the emotions of the participants, and the result is a masterpiece.

if you have never seen the clips of daniel day lewis preparing for the movie by going to work with the special forces vet in north alabama i recommend it. everything he did on the trail he was trained to and could actually perform on the run.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Great film with an even greater score.
It has most certainly stood the test of time. I can remember when it was made, "What? Mr. 'Miami Vice' is shooting that?" And yet, his eye for beauty, color, and fine detail was a fine match for the rough world of Colonial America in the 1760s.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
He's often referred to as one of the greatest thespians of this generation
200.gif