• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Just got back with the kids from Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse and it is probably one of the best animated movies I have ever seen (sorry Pixar), easily one of the top 3 super hero movies I've ever seen (if not the best), definitely considering it to replace one of my top 10 all time favorite films, and should be considered for Best Movie of the Year. Even if you don't like super hero movies give this one a chance for the art and design alone. Also, Nick Cage.

JugbandFrog

Just got back with the kids from Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse and it is probably one of the best animated movies I have ever seen (sorry Pixar), easily one of the top 3 super hero movies I've ever seen (if not the best), definitely considering it to replace one of my top 10 all time favorite films, and should be considered for Best Movie of the Year. Even if you don't like super hero movies give this one a chance for the art and design alone. Also, Nick Cage.

I second.

Ron Swanson

You’re saying Nich Cage as a good thing?

TCURiggs

He's often referred to as one of the greatest thespians of this generation
200.gif

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
He voices a minor character, but it’s very well done and I honestly didn’t realize it was him until my wife pointed it out near the end of the film. But this really is one of the best films I’ve ever seen, of course being a dad I know more about Spider-Man through my kids than I ever did growing up, so that helped amp up the level of enjoyment. However, the design and approach taken with the overall animation puts this in the same category of “ground breaking cinematography” as The Matrix. Definitely worth the price of admission to see it in the big screen.

He voices a minor character, but it’s very well done and I honestly didn’t realize it was him until my wife pointed it out near the end of the film. But this really is one of the best films I’ve ever seen, of course being a dad I know more about Spider-Man through my kids than I ever did growing up, so that helped amp up the level of enjoyment. However, the design and approach taken with the overall animation puts this in the same category of “ground breaking cinematography” as The Matrix. Definitely worth the price of admission to see it in the big screen.
I think you talked me into it.

JugbandFrog

The soundtrack also gives me a tad bit more respect for current musical artists that I didn’t have before.