• The KillerFrogs

OT- greatest 80’s and 90’s cheesy action movies

Eight

bunch of damn communist on this thread as i can not believe no one has mentioned the greatness of chuck norris an invasion usa

invasion-usa-year-1985-usa-chuck-norris-director-joseph-zito-B7T1GX.jpg

drop the mike, end the thread, mambo out after this clip

tcudoc

bunch of damn communist on this thread as i can not believe no one has mentioned the greatness of chuck norris an invasion usa

invasion-usa-year-1985-usa-chuck-norris-director-joseph-zito-B7T1GX.jpg

drop the mike, end the thread, mambo out after this clip

Curtains and wall paint unaffected by massive explosion. Nice work Chuck.
Chuck Norris used to occasionally come into Cheddar’s restaurant in Bedford. I worked there for 10 years and that is where I met my wife. She was waiting on Chuck and his female companion. She had no idea who he was. This upset the female who asked if she wanted his autograph. She declined. Which made her even more determined. She then went on to explain what a huge deal Chuck was and that she should definitely want an autograph. My wife remained unimpressed. I think he ended up tipping her well and I think he was embarrassed that the woman made such a big deal out of it. Still can’t recall if she got an autograph. I don’t think she did.

Froginbedford

Had knee surgery in 1990 and was basically confined to the recliner except crutches-assisted toidy trips for about 2 weeks....One of the premium cables showed Roadhouse every day, more than once a day and other premiums had nothing to really interest me at that same time....Saw more of Patrick Swayze than I ever hoped to have....But I did like the Sam Elliot character, and wasn't the fat, buffoon bad guy a TCU ex?....Swayze's way-too-cool, cliche-spouting bouncer was way-too-over the top....However, over time, I have come to embrace Roadhouse as a story of good triumphing over evil, even though the good guys executed all the bad guys....

Last edited:

Eight

Chuck Norris used to occasionally come into Cheddar’s restaurant in Bedford. I worked there for 10 years and that is where I met my wife. She was waiting on Chuck and his female companion. She had no idea who he was. This upset the female who asked if she wanted his autograph. She declined. Which made her even more determined. She then went on to explain what a huge deal Chuck was and that she should definitely want an autograph. My wife remained unimpressed. I think he ended up tipping her well and I think he was embarrassed that the woman made such a big deal out of it. Still can’t recall if she got an autograph. I don’t think she did.

love the empty boot flying out the window to emphasize our villian has been blown to pieces.

i do think body armor should be made out of those curtains and fern in the corner that is unscathed by the explosion

tcudoc

Had knee surgery in 1990 and was basically confined to the recliner except crutches-assisted toidy trips for about 2 weeks....One of the premium cables showed Roadhouse every day, more than once a day and other premiums had nothing to really interest me at that same time....Saw more of Patrick Swayze than I ever hoped to have....But I did like the Sam Elliot character, and wasn't the fat, buffoon bad guy a TCU ex?....Swayze's way-to-cool, cliche-spouting bouncer was way-to-over the top....However, over time, I have come to embrace Roadhouse as a story of good triumphing over evil, even though the good guys executed all the bad guys....
Please use the spoiler alert feature in the future.

4 Oaks Frog

I agree with Red Dawn. Has anyone mentioned Point Break, and does The Postman qualify as an action movie, because it certainly was cheesy?
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Chongo94

I'd be remiss not to mention....

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Adventurer, brain surgeon, rock musician Buckaroo Banzai and his crime-fighting team, the Hong Kong Cavaliers, must stop evil alien invaders from the eighth dimension who are planning to conquer Earth.

I’ve always heard of this one but don’t believe I’ve ever seen it or even a clip from it.

I’m kinda surprised no one mentioned Flash Gordon.

Frog-in-law1995

Pleas tell me you were a bartender there in late January of 1994. Cheddar’s in Bedford is where I had my last illegal beer.

Frog-in-law1995

The only movie I can think to add to this is Last Action Hero. One of my favorite movies as a kid.

The kid just butchered that movie for me...but still one of my favorite soundtracks. Also liked the little easter egg they drop with Joan Plowright as the teacher introducing the kids to the famous actor (and her husband) Laurence Olivier.

Last edited:

tcudoc

Pleas tell me you were a bartender there in late January of 1994. Cheddar’s in Bedford is where I had my last illegal beer.
I left in the summer of 1991 to head to medical school. I started as a cook, moved to waiter, then back to cook, then to bartender for the last couple of years. My friend stayed with the company and moved up through management, general manager, regional manager, then franchise store owner. I'm a minority owner in his Cheddar's in Missouri. The Bedford store was the third Cheddar's ever to exist and the employees from that store helped with the openings of subsequent Cheddar's in South Arlington, Desoto, etc. I worked there when it was pretty small time. They are a much better restaurant now than they were back then. The corporate stores were recently bought by Darden, which owns Olive Garden and Longhorn Steakhouse and others. It will be interesting to see what they will do with the brand. Hopefully, they don't ruin it. That would be a bigger travesty than Whataburger in my world.
Darden will likely come around to our store in Missouri wanting to buy it back. It has been a great source of "mailbox money" over the past decade. It was supposed to develop into several locations in Missouri, but Cheddar's stopped allowing franchises soon after ours opened.
I know the son of the owner is one of the ones who made the decision to sell to Darden and he immediately regretted it. It has been a gold mine for the owners and they likely let it go far too cheap from what I have heard.

Last edited:

Frogenstein

Had knee surgery in 1990 and was basically confined to the recliner except crutches-assisted toidy trips for about 2 weeks....One of the premium cables showed Roadhouse every day, more than once a day and other premiums had nothing to really interest me at that same time....Saw more of Patrick Swayze than I ever hoped to have....But I did like the Sam Elliot character, and wasn't the fat, buffoon bad guy a TCU ex?....Swayze's way-too-cool, cliche-spouting bouncer was way-too-over the top....However, over time, I have come to embrace Roadhouse as a story of good triumphing over evil, even though the good guys executed all the bad guys....

Wrong fat guy. The TCU alumnus was Dennis Burkley. He sported all the TCU gear in Tin Cup, which is another great 90’s movie.

Purp

Surely the Die Hard movies have been mentioned. A personal favorite was Toy Soldiers. Executive Decision was scrong even though Steven Seagal was only in it for about 5 minutes until he died. Under Siege is another Seagal movie I recall enjoying often back in the day. Murder at 1600 is more of a murder mystery than action movie, but it does have a lot of action in it. Loved that one. I'm sure I'll remember others as I read through.

ETA: Looks like the Seagal movies got covered and Die Hard probably doesn't qualify as cheesy enough, though I'd argue the stuns and effects in those movies now as opposed to then are pretty cheesy.

Last edited: