• The KillerFrogs

OT- greatest 80’s and 90’s cheesy action movies

Chongo94

Well, it is fully and officially that time of year. Grab your OT seats.

Saw that a JCVD movie (Double Impact) was on last night. Early 90’s camp at its finest. Just made me wonder what were some of the films from these eras you enjoyed that now make you chuckle. Van Damme’s films will always be on my lists. For you older olds (I kid I kid), feel free to share those from your eras as well.

So what makes your list? Lionheart, Robocop, Total Recall, American Ninja, Missing in Action, Bloodsport, etc. Some lesser known “greatness” perhaps?
As always, trailers and or scenes of greatness/camp are fully appreciated.

Chongo94

Different type of movies than what you wrote about, but when I read the thread title I immediately thought of Point Break and Roadhouse.

All included and those very well fit the profile. Just had the one man army ninja assassin ones on my mind because of the JCVD flashback.

Always forget how Swayze was an action star of sorts during that period.

HFrog1999

My favorite was probably Terminator 2

giphy.gif

I also went through a phase where I took taekwondo and I was into JCVD movies. My favorite was Bloodsport

giphy.gif

tetonfrog

The sword and the sorcerer starring Lee Horsley is unbelievably great trash

“You want me to go into the king’s Dungeon & fetch your brother for one night in the sack with you?”

Also, kill or be killed is awesome in its own way. The villain’s pink haired girlfriend calls him “Poopsy.”

Scanners is a fun watch as telepaths blow each other heads off each other with their mental skills. Michael Ironside is the villain.

The Howling is old school werewolf flick. Interesting final scene.

The Scorpion King with The Rock showcases his early acting ability with. “I’ve come for the wizard & your head!”

This thread has potential

Ron Swanson

My favorite was probably Terminator 2

giphy.gif

I also went through a phase where I took taekwondo and I was into JCVD movies. My favorite was Bloodsport

giphy.gif
T2 was my first R rated movie I think, but I don’t necessarily put it in the category of this thread... maybe more along the lines of great American cinema

Seen Bloodsport about 100x. That was another favorite of my dad’s, along with T2