• The KillerFrogs

OT- greatest 80’s and 90’s cheesy action movies

Chongo94

The thread title said cheesy but most movies mentioned here are anything but cheesy. These are great ones. I notice Sylvester Stallone's been mention twice but no mention of Rambo first Blood 1 and First Blood 2

I’m not sure Rambo belongs in the same breath as Gymkata....

Chongo94

One of my all-time favorite 80’s movies.

They’re remaking that with The Rock? Sounds terrible.

Supposedly, yes. Been slow to get traction but he says he is seriously and determinedly committed. Says it won’t be a remake but some kind of prequel or sequel or something but still, ugh.

Zubaz

The thread title said cheesy but most movies mentioned here are anything but cheesy. These are great ones. I notice Sylvester Stallone's been mention twice but no mention of Rambo first Blood 1 and First Blood 2
I like that you say some movies aren't cheesy enough....and then mention First Blood which is a legit good drama that is anything but cheese (literally only one death in the entire movie). Rambo doesn't get cheesy until First Blood II.

After that though....yeah standard action flicks.

tcudoc

Iron Eagle is the one my friends and I went to see together and made fun of through the whole movie. It was a knockoff of Top Gun that was poorly written and poorly acted but so bad it was good.
The best thing about the movie was the Queen song, One Vision.

Allan Quatermaine and the Lost City of Gold with Chuck Norris was an Indiana Jones wannabe movie that was soooo terrible that it was good.

Of course, Howard the Duck was so bad as well, but all of these were fun to watch just because they were so terrible.

Armadillo

I'd be remiss not to mention....

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Adventurer, brain surgeon, rock musician Buckaroo Banzai and his crime-fighting team, the Hong Kong Cavaliers, must stop evil alien invaders from the eighth dimension who are planning to conquer Earth.

Froglaw

I immediately thought of Big Trouble in Little China. Rainy Sunday afternoon greatness.

Waiting for my haircut yesterday and checking out You Tube:

Rambo: Last Blood - comes out later this year.

I nominate Last of the Dogmen - I watch it every year at deer camp. Scares the young hunters in the morning when I say, "You know, this is the Comanches home range and many never surrendered.

Finally, any of the Sniper movies.

Limp Lizard

Where are the dill-weeds who come on complaining this isn't TCU sports, TCU, or sports, is ignores then complains to the monitors/owners and has the topic moved to the General Board, even though he is the only one having a problem and it breaks no rules of the Forum?

That being said, remember:
Mars Attacks, Zoro the Gay Blade, Robo Cop, the Three Amigos, Romancing the Stone? Maybe not all those are cheesy but are strange and enjoyable.

And for something really, really weird, try Forbidden Zone
51JQ5BNJA0L._SY445_.jpg