• The KillerFrogs

OT- greatest 80’s and 90’s cheesy action movies

OmniscienceFrog

Had knee surgery in 1990 and was basically confined to the recliner except crutches-assisted toidy trips for about 2 weeks....One of the premium cables showed Roadhouse every day, more than once a day and other premiums had nothing to really interest me at that same time....Saw more of Patrick Swayze than I ever hoped to have....But I did like the Sam Elliot character, and wasn't the fat, buffoon bad guy a TCU ex?....Swayze's way-too-cool, cliche-spouting bouncer was way-too-over the top....However, over time, I have come to embrace Roadhouse as a story of good triumphing over evil, even though the good guys executed all the bad guys....

Ol' "Polar bear fell on me" Tinker? No, you're thinking about Dennis Burkley and he wasn't in Roadhouse.

Froglaw

High Road to China
Young Guns
Silverado
Quigley Down Under
Mr. Baseball
Buckaroo Banzai (John Jithgow's character was truly nuts)

I was in Law School, broke as hell, but on a Quarter break.

After my very annoying, bordering on stalking, phone calls, Showgirl81, agreed to go to a movie with me.

We saw Silverado.

Then 25 years later, she agreed to a third date!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Silverado was not cheesy. Beautiful cinematography, first rate cast, great writer/director.

C'mon! Flesh Gordon? Anybody?

Froginbedford

When I moved back into the area in the early 80's Cheddars in Bedford was my go-to place. Back then very good chicken fried steak and super bean-and-cheese nachos. The Cheddars nachos now are merely a ghost of what they were. Just individual chips with some spicy meat stuff on them. Ugh! Another example (see Whataburger buyout thread) of the buying company turning the good food that made the chain into the same old junk.

I haven't been to Cheddars in over two years....