• The KillerFrogs

New baseball stadium location?

tcumaniac

I'd love to be able to move to LaGrave, but I would worry we would lose some of the environment that comes with having an on-campus stadium. In an ideal world, we could buy some of the land that is part of the tennis facility from the city of fort worth.
I'm pretty positive the point of this thread is asking where we would temporarily play for a season while the stadium is being redone (presumably in the same location it is now), not where we would permanently move.

ftwfrog

I'm pretty positive the point of this thread is asking where we would temporarily play for a season while the stadium is being redone (presumably in the same location it is now), not where we would permanently move.
Start construction yesterday! Play at Globe Life Park/Field until next April.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Been a few years since I’ve been to a game, what exactly is wrong with Lupton? Couldn’t it just be upgraded?

Frozen Frog

I think the best move is to rebuild where Lupton is located and temporarily relocate. My guess is that a few stadiums would be needed. Several schools already share minor league stadiums. Many of the other facilities are already very good for college baseball.

When Lupton was built it was a great stadium for college baseball and TCU. The problem is that both have outgrown Lupton. I don't think anyone could have foreseen the rapid change in baseball. Attendance at TCU games has grown dramatically. Twenty years ago few games were on television, and TCU had never hosted NCAA tournament games. That has changed! There are only so many things that can be done to a stadium before it makes sense to rebuild. TCU has been there for some time.

Frog92

Stanford took their football stadium to the ground and rebuilt it for the next season. Doing significantly less than that to build a 5,000 seat baseball stadium could easily be done. Just takes the $ and planning to make it happen.

Spike

LaGrave Field (I haven't driven by in a long time, but heard it was an eyesore).

1-%20LaGrave

Heartbreaking

Christcu

I'd love to be able to move to LaGrave, but I would worry we would lose some of the environment that comes with having an on-campus stadium. In an ideal world, we could buy some of the land that is part of the tennis facility from the city of fort worth.
No on LaGrave....keep on campus.

Paint It Purple

What exactly are the problems or shortcomings of Lupton anyway? When it was brand new I did think the metal construction was kinda erector set in nature, instead of substantial feeling brick and mortar.

LeagueCityFrog

How about this.... Get rid of TCU men's and women's swimming. We are never going to win any form of a championship in either sport because of our facility and the level of recruits we get. That clears headcount room and budgets to start a TCU softball program that would be attended by fans and would perfectly compliment our elite baseball program. Because of Title IX's facility requirements, give the current Lupton to the new TCU softball team. Move the TCU women's soccer field to an upgraded field that is currently next to the track across the parking lot from Tennis. Then TCU Athletics has all that room from the current soccer field plus the intermural fields to fund raise a new $100 million+ stadium and angle it so the view is the lake behind the Greek and the whole campus and the Fort Worth skyline as the background shot as ESPN goes to commercial. Make the new stadium like the Amon Carter Eastside expansion and make continous money off of air condontioned bar spaces, loge boxes, and suites. The rest should be outdoor seating like what Miss State did. The Big XII has a very vibrant softball offering. TCU's top amount of students come from Texas and California and we are next to the states of Oklahoma and Louisiana that produce massive amounts of top D1 softball players. TCU softball could be TCU Athletic's 4th biggest revenue maker.

Pharm Frog

How about this.... Get rid of TCU men's and women's swimming. We are never going to win any form of a championship in either sport because of our facility and the level of recruits we get. That clears headcount room and budgets to start a TCU softball program that would be attended by fans and would perfectly compliment our elite baseball program. Because of Title IX's facility requirements, give the current Lupton to the new TCU softball team. Move the TCU women's soccer field to an upgraded field that is currently next to the track across the parking lot from Tennis. Then TCU Athletics has all that room from the current soccer field plus the intermural fields to fund raise a new $100 million+ stadium and angle it so the view is the lake behind the Greek and the whole campus and the Fort Worth skyline as the background shot as ESPN goes to commercial. Make the new stadium like the Amon Carter Eastside expansion and make continous money off of air condontioned bar spaces, loge boxes, and suites. The rest should be outdoor seating like what Miss State did. The Big XII has a very vibrant softball offering. TCU's top amount of students come from Texas and California and we are next to the states of Oklahoma and Louisiana that produce massive amounts of top D1 softball players. TCU softball could be TCU Athletic's 4th biggest revenue maker.

Can we put a sound proof barrier up at the new softball field?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Removal of the present structure would be pretty quick. The sticky bit would be plumbing, as in how much will be needed and whether the present stubs and piping will take a greatly increased load. If we could simply tie in to the existing stubs, then things could go quicker. You don't want complications when you try the Big Flush...

Pharm Frog

Two questions:

1) How do you think the Title XI people are gonna react to a hand-me-down venue from a male sport? You should think this is a dumb question but having served on two Title XI committees in my past I think it’s both dumb and likely.
2) I may not understand what “lake” is being referenced here but what angle would that put the batter in relative to the evening sun?