• The KillerFrogs

New baseball stadium location?

GoFrog Yourself

Two questions:

1) How do you think the Title XI people are gonna react to a hand-me-down venue from a male sport? You should think this is a dumb question but having served on two Title XI committees in my past I think it’s both dumb and likely.
2) I may not understand what “lake” is being referenced here but what angle would that put the batter in relative to the evening sun?
Sun would set somewhere in left center field at that angle. Not ideal

PO Frog

Two questions:

1) How do you think the Title XI people are gonna react to a hand-me-down venue from a male sport? You should think this is a dumb question but having served on two Title XI committees in my past I think it’s both dumb and likely.
2) I may not understand what “lake” is being referenced here but what angle would that put the batter in relative to the evening sun?
I’m so out of touch I didn’t even know they changed from Title IX to Title XI.

Froginbedford

Interesting how I NEVER hear Kay's name thrown around except in negative terms. I'm on the far fringe of being connected with the power brokers within FW and I can't remember the last time someone said anything positive about her. The joke is always "Where's Kay?" as in Where's Waldo. She's done a good job of connecting with money at the national level that she doesn't even try connecting with her own constitutents. As the ranking member of the appropriations committee she wields a lot of power and she knows it. Will be interesting if someone tries to oppose her in the next primary. A weirdo got on the ballot and received 42%. Hell, I think I may have voted for him just to get her out.

I thought she has announced her intention to retire....

HFrog12

This is an interesting thread. I assume Lupton will always remain in it's current location. It has been mentioned that plans are out there. Would love to see renderings if more than just financials.

What are some great ballparks out there right now? Miss St., Ok St., Arkansas? While big, I have never been a huge fan of Olsen or Disch Falk. There stands feel too shallow angled and distanced from the field.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

My understanding is that plans to expand Lupton have been finalized and approved for several years now...... school just hasn’t acted on said plans.
Would be wise to wait on any construction right now. Material and labor costs are just unreal right now. Call I just had on some product concerns was one of the more stressed discussions I have had in a good long while.

Mean Purple

Interesting how I NEVER hear Kay's name thrown around except in negative terms. I'm on the far fringe of being connected with the power brokers within FW and I can't remember the last time someone said anything positive about her. The joke is always "Where's Kay?" as in Where's Waldo. She's done a good job of connecting with money at the national level that she doesn't even try connecting with her own constitutents. As the ranking member of the appropriations committee she wields a lot of power and she knows it. Will be interesting if someone tries to oppose her in the next primary. A weirdo got on the ballot and received 42%. Hell, I think I may have voted for him just to get her out.
She's actually very active and has gotten a lot done for the city and state. Lot of folks should thank her for the jobs they have.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Removal of the present structure would be pretty quick. The sticky bit would be plumbing, as in how much will be needed and whether the present stubs and piping will take a greatly increased load. If we could simply tie in to the existing stubs, then things could go quicker. You don't want complications when you try the Big Flush...
...more fiber.

westtexfrog

Say what you want to about Lupton, the fans are on top of the game and I like that. The announcers mentioned that on pregame how the stadium has a great feel to it. Lupton is a great place to watch baseball. Sure it needs some updating, but a total do over…..I don’t think so. Just my opinion.

Pharm Frog

Say what you want to about Lupton, the fans are on top of the game and I like that. The announcers mentioned that on pregame how the stadium how’s a great feel to it. Lupton is a great place to watch baseball. Sure it needs some updating, but a total do over…..I don’t think so. Just my opinion.

As long as it doesn’t look like that monstrosity at Georgia. That stadium has the most distracting view on television.