• The KillerFrogs

Looking forward to tomorrow night's game

AroundWorldFrog

Back to the original point, that extra week probably helps those schools fans arrange for how to get to the games. It's not that easy to just plan another big trip on a weeks notice.

Seriously? How hard is it to get from anywhere in LA to NOLA?
tdy_mor_raccoon_150615.nbcnews-fp-1024-512.jpg

4th. down

I’ll be curious moving forward to see how much of LSU’s offense was Brady and how much was Burrow and the absurd WR talent.

Yep and I'm leary of a statement Burrow made earlier and post OU game, "don't believe there is a defense that can stop us" - I believe that's the correct quote that I remember. That may come back to bite him.

Brady is obviously good, but with Burrow and the receivers gone, not so fast.

Wexahu

Seriously? How hard is it to get from anywhere in LA to NOLA?
tdy_mor_raccoon_150615.nbcnews-fp-1024-512.jpg
If you’ve got an endless supply of money and complete flexibility in terms of your job it’s pretty easy. Personally, it’s easier for me to plan a trip with a little bit of lead time.

I’m not saying it’s a huge deal, but it’s like people completely ignore travel demands when they throw out all these “solutions” to fix the playoff or otherwise complain about everything.

Pharm Frog

If you’ve got an endless supply of money and complete flexibility in terms of your job it’s pretty easy. Personally, it’s easier for me to plan a trip with a little bit of lead time.

I’m not saying it’s a huge deal, but it’s like people completely ignore travel demands when they throw out all these “solutions” to fix the playoff or otherwise complain about everything.

Why go to one of these games when it’s on television? It’s not like it’s the Rose Bowl. The whole thing is done for TV...might as well accommodate their intentions IMO.

Wexahu

Why go to one of these games when it’s on television? It’s not like it’s the Rose Bowl. The whole thing is done for TV...might as well accommodate their intentions IMO.

Ok. And when the stands aren’t full people will say, look nobody cares, they’ve ruined college football. And I’m talking generally, I know the stands will be full tomorrow since LSU is playing in NOLA.

I think college football fans just like to [ hundin].

flyfishingfrog

Ok. And when the stands aren’t full people will say, look nobody cares, they’ve ruined college football. And I’m talking generally, I know the stands will be full tomorrow since LSU is playing in NOLA.

Well they are ruining college football

the reality is college football is quickly becoming what the nfl and mlb were becoming before salary caps, etc - a league where the rich get richer and dominate the league and everyone else slowly falls into obscurity

Pharm Frog

Couldn’t care any less about what this fictional “they” say.

Wexahu

the reality is college football is quickly becoming what the nfl and mlb were becoming before salary caps, etc - a league where the rich get richer and dominate the league and everyone else slowly falls into obscurity

Everyone [ hundin] ed in the pre-BCS days because everything was decided by writers. Everyone [ hundin] ed in the BCS era because computers decided things. Everyone [hundinnen ] now because not enough teams are involved. Do you really think people will stop complaining when we have an 8-team playoff, their favorite team is virtually never involved, and the 1st round games are a bunch of uncompetitive blowouts?

Wexahu

How do you suggest they change it? The rich have been rich and the poor have been poor since college football started. That isn’t changing unless they start a draft instead of allowing for the recruitment of players and players aren’t allowed to choose their teams. The only time in college football when the poor thrived was when they didn’t have to play the rich.

flyfishingfrog

Everyone bitched in the pre-BCS days because everything was decided by writers. Everyone bitched in the BCS era because computers decided things. Everyone [hundinnen ] now because not enough teams are involved. Do you really think people will stop complaining when we have an 8-team playoff, their favorite team is virtually never involved, and the 1st round games are a bunch of uncompetitive blowouts?
Why do you keep bringing up an 8 game playoff to me?

I don’t think that is the answer until there is a severe shift toward leveling the playing field across a larger percentage of the teams

the amount of parity is regressing back to the point that we had before major television contracts because the money gap has eliminated the majority of programs and the exposure gap is taking out most of what’s left leaving a small handful of teams actually competing for the top spot

so much like when I played- most fans will end up having to focus on how their team performs in single games against rivals not on the national stage - unfortunately television has killed many of those great rivalry games

flyfishingfrog

How do you suggest they change it? The rich have been rich and the poor have been poor since college football started. That isn’t changing unless they start a draft instead of allowing for the recruitment of players and players aren’t allowed to choose their teams. The only time in college football when the poor thrived was when they didn’t have to play the rich.
Well we could kill super conferences and go back to allowing schools that will never compete for NC to play games during the season against true rivals every year so that their fans care about each week

Wexahu

Well we could kill super conferences and go back to allowing schools that will never compete for NC to play games during the season against true rivals every year so that their fans care about each week

I'm not trying to be an ass, but not sure I follow. We play SMU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State every year. Are you suggesting it would be better and fans would have more interest if we went back to the old days of playing Rice and Houston instead of the Oklahoma schools? Or if we went back to playing Air Force, New Mexico and Wyoming? That seems like it would be a major step backward in generating fan interest. We already play all our rivals basically so I don't understand your point.

Would we be better off just going to a G5 conference and having the G5 split and have their own championship? I gotta tell you I don't think that would increase interest in TCU football at all.

Ron Swanson

I don’t think it’s anyone’s fault that the same teams are really good every year. It’s not the system or anything else we can blame. They just have good coaches and are recruiting the best players.

It’s on the rest of us to catch up.

flyfishingfrog

I'm not trying to be an ass, but not sure I follow. We play SMU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State every year. Are you suggesting it would be better and fans would have more interest if we went back to the old days of playing Rice and Houston instead of the Oklahoma schools? Or if we went back to playing Air Force, New Mexico and Wyoming? That seems like it would be a major step backward in generating fan interest. We already play all our rivals basically so I don't understand your point.

Would we be better off just going to a G5 conference and having the G5 split and have their own championship? I gotta tell you I don't think that would increase interest in TCU football at all.
We also play WVU, Iowa St, Kansas, KSU and an FCS team every year for no other reason than television money - do you really feel like our fan base is truly invested in the outcome of those games more than they were when we played Houston in the old days?

Is playing OU and OSU more meaningful to our fans are than playing Aggy and Arkansas was in the past?

can you imagine being an WVU fan? Besides money are they am better off than we were in CUSA?

Wexahu

We also play WVU, Iowa St, Kansas, KSU and an FCS team every year for no other reason than television money - do you really feel like our fan base is truly invested in the outcome of those games more than they were when we played Houston in the old days?

Is playing OU and OSU more meaningful to our fans are than playing Aggy and Arkansas was in the past?

can you imagine being an WVU fan? Besides money are they am better off than we were in CUSA?

When I was at TCU we were in the SWC and the student section was about 10% full for home games. Especially when we played Rice and Houston. In fact, I don’t really even remember a student section. If that was the good days of TCU and college football, I’d just as soon not go back there.

Our memories are quite different.

Armadillo

Everyone [ hundin] ed in the pre-BCS days because everything was decided by writers. Everyone [ hundin] ed in the BCS era because computers decided things. Everyone [hundinnen ] now because not enough teams are involved. Do you really think people will stop complaining when we have an 8-team playoff, their favorite team is virtually never involved, and the 1st round games are a bunch of uncompetitive blowouts?

Whoa, you just dominated those Profanity filters!

I hate most of your takes Wex, but respect you for bypassing those filters!