• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: Three-star EDGE Keylan Abrams commits to TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Three-star EDGE Keylan Abrams commits to TCU​

By Russell Hodges
@RussellJHodges

GMSWlkVWoAAX8aV.5.jpg

Read more at Three-star DeSoto EDGE recruit Keylan Abrams announced his commitment to the TCU football program on Sunday afternoon. It’s the seventh commitment of the 2025 recruiting class for the Horned Frogs, who beat out multiple Power 4 programs including Purdue, Texas Tech and Baylor for the talented pass rusher. Abrams currently ranks as the No. 81 linebacker as well as the No. 122 recruit in Texas in the 247Sports composite ratings.

Read more at https://www.frogsowar.com/2024/4/28/24143959/football-three-star-edge-keylan-abrams-commits-to-tcu

Limey Frog

Why is edge always capitalized now? It's not an acronym, is it? Isn't it just short for edge rusher? What am I missing?

[Side: hooray for the recruit, and all that. I'll reserve judgment until he's on campus and hasn't transferred out before his sophomore year. The way football is now, HS recruits don't matter until later. Grammar matters today, tomorrow, and forever.]

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

Why is edge always capitalized now? It's not an acronym, is it? Isn't it just short for edge rusher? What am I missing?

[Side: hooray for the recruit, and all that. I'll reserve judgment until he's on campus and hasn't transferred out before his sophomore year. The way football is now, HS recruits don't matter until later. Grammar matters today, tomorrow, and forever.]
When he committed to Purdue he was only 100% committed. Now...

BleedNPurple

Right, but THT was not an edge rusher.
No but he was a hybrid who could pop up anywhere and wreck havoc. He could act as an EDGE and be a disrupter. I’ve been checking out so called EDGE players and there’s a lot of variation in size depending if you’re counting on them to be a DE or a cover LB.

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

No but he was a hybrid who could pop up anywhere and wreck havoc. He could act as an EDGE and be a disrupter. I’ve been checking out so called EDGE players and there’s a lot of variation in size depending if you’re counting on them to be a DE or a cover LB.
5 foot 9 Cover LB? At 175 pounds?

THT was a DB - nothing close to Edge / LB