• The KillerFrogs

Looking forward to tomorrow night's game

Wexahu

uhh sort of. It’s more to do with Alabama completely locking in their year in year out standing and Clemson becoming the same level as Alabama. Basically guaranteed those two teams every year. Then Ohio State has become a close 3rd powerhouse and Georgia is knocking on the door. Riley has solidified OU (at least as the big dog in Big 12).

Eight years ago Alabama was awesome but everyone else changed year by year.

This year we have a team making it's first CFP appearance and people are complaining that it sucks because it's too predictable and they won't watch the game (which I don't believe btw).

And the idea that if more teams are included it's going to open it up and a bunch of different teams are going to start winning national championships and playing in the national championship game....well, that's a ridiculous notion. Said it a bunch of times because it's true, the best way for a lesser program/team to finish ahead of the truly elite teams is by having a system in place where you can finish ahead of them in the rankings without actually having to play them (like we used to have pre-CFP). It sucks but it's reality. The more games and rounds you have, the easier it is on the Alabamas, Clemsons and Ohio States. An 8-team playoff structured how I've most seen will almost always consist of 7 "blue-blood" programs and a G5 that gets their ass kicked in the 1st round by the #1 team on the #1 teams home field. I guess we'll all love that.

Moose Stuff

This year we have a team making it's first CFP appearance and people are complaining that it sucks because it's too predictable and they won't watch the game (which I don't believe btw).

And the idea that if more teams are included it's going to open it up and a bunch of different teams are going to start winning national championships and playing in the national championship game....well, that's a ridiculous notion. Said it a bunch of times because it's true, the best way for a lesser program/team to finish ahead of the truly elite teams is by having a system in place where you can finish ahead of them in the rankings without actually having to play them (like we used to have pre-CFP). It sucks but it's reality. The more games and rounds you have, the easier it is on the Alabamas, Clemsons and Ohio States. An 8-team playoff structured how I've most seen will almost always consist of 7 "blue-blood" programs and a G5 that gets their ass kicked in the 1st round by the #1 team on the #1 teams home field. I guess we'll all love that.

Nobody in this thread said they wouldn’t watch the game.

Wexahu

Nobody in this thread said they wouldn’t watch the game.

I just assumed the guy who said it was predictable and boring and that he couldn't care less about the game wouldn't watch. I guess I was going out on a limb there, but I personally wouldn't watch something that was boring and predictable and that I had zero interest in.

Moose Stuff

I just assumed the guy who said it was predictable and boring and that he couldn't care less about the game wouldn't watch. I guess I was going out on a limb there, but I personally wouldn't watch something that was boring and predictable and that I had zero interest in.

So you watched none of our offensive possessions this year?

netty2424

One could also argue that the format also causes fans/viewers to lose interest in the sport much earlier in a season where teams are playing like ship, and as a result have literally nothing else to play for well before the season ends.

I personally feel like this 2019 college football season as a whole has been over long ago, yet there’s still a game to be played.

Maybe I should blame Luka.

Moose Stuff

One could also argue that the format also causes fans/viewers to lose interest in the sport much earlier in a season where teams are playing like ship, and as a result have literally nothing else to play for well before the season ends.

I personally feel like this 2019 college football season as a whole has been over long ago, yet there’s still a game to be played.

Big part of that might be that OUR season has been over for a month and half.

I'm looking forward to the game and will be watching with interest. The two week delay is kind of strange but I from what I read a while back, it wasn't intentional. The Championship games are awarded several years in advance and originally, the semi-finals were scheduled to have been played on New Year's eve. When they abandoned that plan due to poor TV ratings and moved the games back from Tuesday to the preceding Saturday, the Championship game had already been scheduled and for some reason the Superdome could not accommodate the move back a week.

People can complain about the frequency of the same teams being in the playoff but the only way to fix that is for someone else (like LSU did this year) to go out and make themselves better. The teams that are competing are doing everything in terms of coaching, recruiting and player development and teams that aren't doing that are going to have a difficult time trying to catch up.There isn't anything in college football that evens things out like the NFL and I don't expect it to get any easier now that some people are getting their way and player compensation is going to start creeping into the college game.

Armadillo

Well, I’m looking forward to it. I’m rooting for LSU. That burrow story is a good one. I haven’t looked forward to many of the cfp championship games. But I am on this one.

Btw, my old man is having knee replacement tomorrow. Looks like I’ll be watching at seton hospital in the ATX with him. He’ll be out of it with the pain meds but I’ll be there to hang with him.

Pharm Frog

The one that lives on the second floor?

Brog

Doesn't mean anything football wise, but last night, Clemson basketball won in North Carolina, on Roy Williams home court, for the first time since, get this, 1926. NC had beaten Clemson on NC home court for 59 consecutive games. Clemson won in overtime last night. How bout that.

Froggy Style

Because the CFP has already become boring and predictable

almost everyone could have written down 3 of the 4 finalists before the season started

And when having LSU in and Alabama out is considered a shake up - there is something wrong in the process
Agree with this. Four team playoff had made it even more exclusive than the BCS.

Everyone said its not going to change, so you might as well watch. Then m, when everyone stopped watching the went to a playoff.

I’ll hold out for the eight team playoff...just to get to something that feels like we might have a chance to participate one day.