• The KillerFrogs

Jimmie Swain

worthag03

dannyfrog said:

Yeah, we should believe you becau$e Aggie$ never lie either.
I don't care you believe me or not. I just thought I'd share what I know before y'all wet yourself over something that didn't happen.

funkyfrog

worthag03 said:
He was picked up by a town car not a limousine. That said it wouldn't surprise me if they got the driver to mention how it's a big deal.
If Jimmie doesn't know the difference between a town car and a limo...I'm worried about his ability to get a degree.

SnoSki

worthag03 said:
I don't care you believe me or not. I just thought I'd share what I know before y'all wet yourself over something that didn't happen.
Anyone get a pic?

Pretty sure anyone who has driven a car knows the difference between a Lincoln sedan and a limo.

Ron Swanson

worthag03 said:
He was picked up by a town car not a limousine. That said it wouldn't surprise me if they got the driver to mention how it's a big deal.
I swear, I was about to post earlier that the Aggie response was gonna be that it was a town car and that the kid must be too stupid to know the difference.

Hughes Your Daddy

SnoSki said:
Anyone get a pic?

Pretty sure anyone who has driven a car knows the difference between a Lincoln sedan and a limo.
Very true, but I wouldn't put it past a teenage kid to embellish his situation just for the sake of making it seem cooler. It seems like he would be smarter than that, but kids do stupid ship all the time, especially when it comes to social networking, just for the sake of seeming cooler.

Not saying that was the case, but I don't think one tweet is incriminating one way or the other.

That being said, I wouldn't put it past Aggie at all.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
worthag03 said:

The rules are to prevent luxury car services and it doesn't have to be a "stretch" limousine.  The used a limo service in a luxury limousine to pick him up.

worthag03

FeistyFrog said:

The rules are to prevent luxury car services and it doesn't have to be a "stretch" limousine.  The used a limo service in a luxury limousine to pick him up.
Justify it however you like. If y'all want to argue whether a town car breaks the rules then so be it. From what I've read it does not.

Moose Stuff

worthag03 said:
Justify it however you like. If y'all want to argue whether a town car breaks the rules then so be it. From what I've read it does not.
Why are you here? Seriously. You're on a TCU message board arguing about whether a Town Car is less of a violation than a limo. That's about as Aggie as it gets.

Frog-in-law1995

worthag03 said:
First of all, how the hell do you know what they picked him up in? Secondly, town cars can be limousines too. Any luxury car with a partition and a chauffeur is a limousine...doesn't have to have be a stretch. I think the driver's choice of words is telling.

Edit: oops, should have refreshed and finished reading the thread before commenting.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
worthag03 said:

I don't have to justify anything, Jimmie Swain is the one who will sign the affidavit stating he did not receive transportation in a "special vehicle."  The special vehicle is directly quoted from TAMU "Official Visit" form and is clearly uses Limo as an example of a special vehicle. 

rifram09

worthag03 said:
Haha. How do you know? You're such a [ Finebaum ]. Of course you guys would say that. Maybe I'm glad Jimmy isn't coming here. Obviously he isn't very intelligent if he can't tell the difference in a limo and a town car. Lying punks.

Get Your Frogs Up

worthag03 said:
Y'all suck at being in the SEC. As an SEC fan you have to embrace your school's cheating to truly be part of the club my friend.

worthag03

Moose Stuff said:
Why are you here? Seriously. You're on a TCU message board arguing about whether a Town Car is less of a violation than a limo. That's about as Aggie as it gets.
I've been trapped inside for 2 days.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
funkyfrog said:
I was just curious I don't know what is allowable and what isn't. So you essentially can glamour them as much as you want on officials? Just not cut them a check etc.
I got the opportunity to assist with the recruiting for the women's bball team once.  Larry Tidwell said they had a player from Shreveport coming (along with mom) who was interested in a career in anesthesia and wanted a resource person to answer her questions.  Anyway, they were worried because mom and player wanted to drive to TCU rather than fly.  More dependable timing, etc.  Mom didn't have a car that would make it to Ft Worth, so Coach Mittie authorized them to rent a car, with the cost being part of the official visit.  Quite a few bball players were at DMC along with the 2 coaches to welcome her.  No show.  When Larry got ahold of her, turns out they were still in Shreveport because the rental car company didn't have the RED Mustang convertible the mom wanted.  They had other Mustang convertibles, just not red.  She finally made it several hours late, but by then the coaches had lost a lot of interest.  She wound up riding the bench at A$M.