• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU v Tech

Pharm Frog

frognutz said:

This is so dumb.  So football should never come down to field goal kicking and if it does it is always someone else's fault?  Gimmee a break.
I'm already on record that the kicker put the nail in the coffin but in THIS game against the putrid Tech D it doesn't concern me nearly as much as the O. Field goals should never have been an issue. The fact that they were is squarely on the O

OmniscienceFrog

Todd D. said:
This one feels like the 2008 Utah loss for me.  Less on the line, obviously, but still just a gut punch in that we had the game and just objectively gave it away.  
You don't have to go that far back.  This was just like the 2nd game of the 2016 season, given away.  

smufrogger

TechAdvisor said:
Seriously?  You honestly believe TCU didn't' get any lucky breaks in this game?  Easy 7 point in botched punt?  Really?  
m the subject was offiating calls not whether tcu capitalized on turnovers the refs decided to eat their whistles this game

TCUWIN

TechAdvisor said:
Good game.  

This was the first game Gary Patterson has ever faced a healthy Kliff Kingsbury QB for 4 quarters.  
And we still missed two very makeable field goals that should have won it in regulation. I wouldn't brag about that.

jack the frog

Damn shame. Very winnable game against against a lousy team but no QB, no kickers and continued inexplicable play calling on a series that would have given us a chance two seal it spelled another L.

TechAdvisor

TX_Krötenechse said:
Ok? We made some plays. You were talking about the refs.
I was talking about the overall game.  TCU got a free 4 possessions.  Two turnovers. a fake punt and a botched punt(easy 7 points).  

Pharm Frog

TechAdvisor said:
I was talking about the overall game.  TCU got a free 4 possessions.  Two turnovers. a fake punt and a botched punt(easy 7 points).  
Yeah...we got them. We didn't create them at all.

ifrog

TooColdU said:
At least we never punted the ball with Foster in there. Yes his stats didn't look good but our offense finally didn't look like they were sleep walking on the field. The change was badly needed and it didn't matter who we replaced Hill with.

It seems like none of our QBs are in sync with their receivers. I guess that's the bad thing about having a QB competition in the beginning of the year. No one is really sure who to follow.

Good job overall by our defense today. Boesen looks great! Curry is doing a good job inside too. I think T Howard had around 20 tackles today.
We ran the ball 90% of the time with Foster in there that is laughable. Give it up. Our offense is not good and today proved that it wasn't all on Hill as you guys loved to blame. It's on the entire offense.

I agree that our defense is looking a lot better.

Limey Frog

Offense has a ton of problems, not just QB but receivers and line. Only the RBs are doing their part consistently. And yet we'd still be 6-2 right now if Oberkrom had another year to play.

Agony, but that's how college football is.

TechAdvisor

TCUWIN said:
And we still missed two very malleable field goals that should have won it in regulation. I wouldn't brag about that.
If I could honestly find a single TCU fan who didn't brag about last years miracle lucky win I wouldn't brag about Tech's terrible MULTI turnover performance in this game.  This was truly one of Tech's worst performances in a LONG time.  Tech started a true freshman RB and turned the ball over multiple times.  

smufrogger

ifrog said:
We ran the ball 90% of the time with Foster in there that is laughable. Give it up. Our offense is not good and today proved that it wasn't all on Hill as you guys loved to blame. It's on the entire offense.

I agree that our defense is looking a lot better.
domt know a single fan putting All our woes on Kenny our ocs play calling our lineman false starts,our receivers dropping over twenty passes

FrogLifeYo

Screw it...Every young player Sawyer, Sewo, Anderson, Turp, etc...should get every meaningful snap from here on out. Thank you seniors for all you've done for this program but we have a future to think about and we need to know who all in and who's all transfer..

I'm guessing the job vacancy boards have cooled drastically on our dynamic offensive coordinators duo. GP will get the ship turned around but it's going to hurt some guys pretty bad

Wog68

Limey Frog said:
Offense has a ton of problems, not just QB but receivers and line. Only the RBs are doing their part consistently. And yet we'd still be 6-2 right now if Oberkrom had another year to play.

Agony, but that's how college football is.
And yet, Patterson didn't use a scholarship to recruit a game-winning FGK.  Unforgivable.