• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: #19/21 TCU vs Oklahoma

TCUWIN

berryfrog95 said:
Why we can't get a call at home vs OU is beyond me......absolute joke - done with this ship
Because we are not old blood. Ou and ut will be protected by this bullcrap organization of officials.

Pharm Frog

My thoughts on the O can be summed up with this: if Kenny doesn't start running more after the first and second progressions don't pan out we will not reach our potential. And I mean running for yardage not just scrambling.

cdsfrog

Crazy thing is our wide receivers don't drop 1 of the 2 touchdowns we would have scored 53 points.

Still not gonna blame the offense on this one. Especially because you could tell defense wasn't tired. Missed tackles, blow assignments, poor angles, bad containment, and whatever else you can think of during that 4 TD stretch.

cdsfrog

Pharm Frog said:
My thoughts on the O can be summed up with this: if Kenny doesn't start running more after the first and second progressions don't pan out we will not reach our potential. And I mean running for yardage not just scrambling.

Wide receivers absolutely cannot drop 10 passes a game, especially not 2 TDs, one of which would have been an 80 yarder. But I agree.

Pharm Frog

cdsfrog said:
Crazy thing is our wide receivers don't drop 1 of the 2 touchdowns we would have scored 53 points.

Still not gonna blame the offense on this one. Especially because you could tell defense wasn't tired. Missed tackles, blow assignments, poor angles, bad containment, and whatever else you can think of during that 4 TD stretch.
Sounds like you did just blame them. Plenty of blame to go around. Can't lay this one on any one unit

cdsfrog

add up total missed tackles and total dropped passes through 4 games. Closer to a 100 than I ever imagined possible.

Chongo94

Pharm Frog said:
Sounds like you did just blame them. Plenty of blame to go around. Can't lay this one on any one unit
I don't know about that...you score over 45 points, nine times out of ten you would expect to win the game.

Offense disappears at times for sure, but our defense hasn't even entered the stadium this year.

Zubaz

TCUSA said:
So if a hit alters the throw and sends it to an empty part of the field, it's intentional grounding?
Obviously. Think about it this way, if the quarterback is wrapped and just throw the ball away, and there's no receiver in the area. It's grounding right? Same thing if you hit him in the chest during a throw.

Froggy Style

LisaLT said:
We don't play consistent football for 4 quarters. That ends up being our biggest problem.

That and the ridiculous and terrible FOX network who cut away at 1:55 left to go so we on the west coast could not watch the end. FOX (mating between Steel & 2314) sucks donkey balls

Disagree.  We are extremely consistent these days.  We cannot stop a balanced team because a balanced spread beats the 4-2-5 and we give up a consistent 50 points.  Fourth quarter was better because OU was trying to run out the clock.

The offense getting tons of first downs the past few years masked the problem...but Gary cannot adjust.  Look to WVU as to how you can have 3 D-linemen but show an 8 man front and force the other team to pass.  They aren't the best team, but know how to limit the spread/hybrid passing attacks.