• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: #19/21 TCU vs Oklahoma

TCUWIN

Someone me tuned earlier about substitution patterns are strange. Did Boesen play tonight? His speed rush might have come in handy. What about Douglass? He must be a horrible practice player to not get many snaps after the first game of the year.

dawg

TCUWIN said:
Someone me tuned earlier about substitution patterns are strange. Did Boesen play tonight? His speed rush might have come in handy. What about Douglass? He must be a horrible practice player to not get many snaps after the first game of the year.
17 total tackles, 10 solo, 3 TFL vs Arky, too. Douglass must be deep in the doghouse. Might be time to get him out, though. Could have used him today.

Austintxfrog94

TCUWIN said:
I know I saw Boesen in on a series in first half for sure.

Mean Purple

A bad attempt at a 4-2-5 with undersized players will not work in this league. Said it before and I'll say it again, not setting up to have more back in coverage is killing us.

This defense is horrible. 

But the offense has got to be more efficient. Rushing numbers are just bad. And forcing passes into coverage is just worse.

The past couple of years have been bad for defense. And this is an offense based on spread and tempo. But that won't work when they won't get going until the third quarter. Our offense is not good in the first half.

With all the young players that saw time last year, there is no excuse for this. Some assistants need to be sent packing.

And enough with this win by 1 nonsense. We got our tails kicked at home today.

Froggy Style

Moose Stuff said:
My 2 cents...... these two losses are basically the same games we played in Lubbock and Manhattan and San Antonio last year minus us making a play at the end to win. The guys are frustrating but they play hard and don't quit. Can't win 'em all.

You win a lot more when you don't give up 30 point in one half.  Being happy at the end because your offense has several NFL player bailing you out drive after drive is not a good plan.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Froggy Style said:

You win a lot more when you don't give up 30 point in one half.  Being happy at the end because your offense has several NFL player bailing you out drive after drive is not a good plan.

Or 35 in a quarter.

BearlyAFrog

Mean Purple said:
The only thing good today was that bu's defense is as bad as ours.
Never thought I'd see the day when a Phil Bennett defense was as good (bad) as a Gary Patterson defense. Definitely a sign of the coming Apocalypse.

Mean Purple

The reason there was no quit in the defense is because there was no start. It's like we brought in a bunch of 7 on 7 camp kids. The kind that are not in pads enough, are not hitting enough and then show it in the game. Patterson needs to have them in pads all week. Tackling. The effort on D was horrible in the first half. Not much better in the second.

And the offense just died after the first 21 points.

The Secondary looks lost. LOST. Patterson needs to bring in some better position coaches on D, while being the DC.  Right now, he's having to do too much.

University of North Texas has a D coordinator who is good. That's the only thing that team has up there. That D actually puts forth a huge effort. Go hire him.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Mean Purple said:
The reason there was no quit in the defense is because there was no start. It's like we brought in a bunch of 7 on 7 camp kids. The kind that are not in pads enough, are not hitting enough and then show it in the game. Patterson needs to have them in pads all week. Tackling. The effort on D was horrible in the first half. Not much better in the second.

And the offense just died after the first 21 points.

The Secondary looks lost. LOST. Patterson needs to bring in some better position coaches on D, while being the DC.  Right now, he's having to do too much.

University of North Texas has a D coordinator who is good. That's the only thing that team has up there. That D actually puts forth a huge effort. Go hire him.
That's not a bad suggestion...

Ekeler is in his first season as the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach for North Texas. He spent the last two seasons as inside linebackers coach at Georgia and has been at USC, Indiana, Nebraska, LSU and Oklahoma.
The Mean Green give up only 206 yards passing per game, and with their talent held Florida to 32.

TooColdU

In the 2nd & 3rd quarters, our offense had 8 drives.

We scored a total of 3 points (off a turnover) in those drives.

5 of those were three-and-outs.

Volare

TooColdU said:
In the 2nd & 3rd quarters, our offense had 8 drives.

We scored a total of 3 points (off a turnover) in those drives.

5 of those were three-and-outs.

The entire season this team only plays 2 of 4 quarters per game. This game it was 1st and 4th. They don't need fancy uniforms until they can play 4 quarters

snoopduke

This team does fight hard like the Alamo Bowl team but we start fast, cater, then take forever to turn it on.  This D need fixing.  Hopefully GP figuires it out sooner rather than later. 

PO Frog

satis1103 said:
That's not a bad suggestion...

The Mean Green give up only 206 yards passing per game, and with their talent held Florida to 32.
I'm honestly not sure if you're saying its a good thing to hold that awful Florida offense to 32 or not.

TCUSA

Todd D. said:
Obviously. Think about it this way, if the quarterback is wrapped and just throw the ball away, and there's no receiver in the area. It's grounding right? Same thing if you hit him in the chest during a throw.
Obviously not. Watch the replay  There are receivers in the background in the direction KH is throwing. The hit made the throw short. Catch a clue.