• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: #19/21 TCU vs Oklahoma

Chongo94

On another note, every single one of you that thought the helmets were "lit, tight, fire, electric" or whatever else lame word used to describe that failure of a helmet need to have your eyes checked.

Austintxfrog94

I don't know if I've seen a ref huddle/discussion and a play announced as "not intentional grounding" over the PA system and then throw a flag after all that.  Seemed like they got talked into it.  Should have blocked better and not been in that position.

PurpleBlood87

Todd D. said:
They were right on the grounding, can't blame the officials there.
How close does a receiver have to be. So you can't under throw the receiver? He got it past the line of scrimmage and then big baby Stoops throws his headset and they reverse the call. Such indecision.

Dr. Gonzo

BleedNPurple said:
Coaching lost this game today. No idea what team we prepared for all week but it wasn't OU. No need for anyone to ever cover Mayfield - he's no running threat. Reminded me of a 1970's Horned Frog game from back on the sucking days. We're just not there this year. It's hard to believe how bad our defense is - should be our strength this year but nope - more holes than anyone would have guessed. Good day for us to wear black because it was like a funeral!
That reverse on 3&1 sums up the play calling. Did Diarse play qb in high school? Aren't there like 10 young WRs that played QB in high school that should have thrown that ball?

WIN

Big Frog II said:
At least the team did not give up. I give them big credit for that.

Comeback was good, it  is the 2 quarters we gave up that killed us. Lack of leadership.

Pharm Frog

Pharm Frog said:
Betting we see a huge penalty on this drive

That wasn't it
Just posting to gloat. Could see this coming a mile away. Although in all honesty I thought it would be an OPI or a holding call away from the play all the way across the field ( on the Sooner sideline)

TCUWIN

Flying T said:
Patterson gonna be boiling over that reversal on the grounding.
I hope that he boils over the fact that his team went missing from the end of the first quarter until about 10 ,minutes left in the game. That 42-3 butt kicking left a lot to be pissed over. Do some coaching of this defense and team.

dawg

smellslikeroses said:
I hate that it came down to a crappy call. Stupid.
False start on that final first down didn't help things either: really got things off on the wrong foot. And that phantom facemask on crybaby, when it would have been third and long around midfield, hurt too.

LisaLT

We don't play consistent football for 4 quarters. That ends up being our biggest problem.

That and the ridiculous and terrible FOX network who cut away at 1:55 left to go so we on the west coast could not watch the end. FOX scheissing sucks donkey balls

Chongo94

LisaLT said:
We don't play consistent football for 4 quarters. That ends up being our biggest problem.

That and the ridiculous and terrible FOX network who cut away at 1:55 left to go so we on the west coast could not watch the end. FOX (mating between Steel & 2314) sucks donkey balls
I like the fact that LisaLT said "donkey balls"

dawg

TCUWIN said:
First off, why is he not giving all out effort. And why did we not try to exploit those weak corners more in that final drive. And why does our stinking tackles feel it's necessary to false start. Crap, they can't block anyway.
In the receivers credit, ball was pretty overthrown, and that receiver did get lit for two touchdowns. That false start on first down was just soul-sapping

AroundWorldFrog

LisaLT said:

That and the ridiculous and terrible FOX network who cut away at 1:55 left to go so we on the west coast could not watch the end. FOX (mating between Steel & 2314) sucks donkey balls
You too? I thought is was maybe only Arizona so the [ Finebaum ]ty ASU could be seen.