• The KillerFrogs

Game 2: #16 TCU vs. Virginia

Froggy Style

Just don't understand how a fundamental baseball coach can convince himself that losing so many baserunners is a good thing. It's a demoralizer to the fans and likely the players. Very similar to centers jacking up three pointers...yes, every once in a while it works, but it's just stupid.

TCUdirtbag

Dude....the 2nd darning runner picked off 1st with a runner on 3rd with zero outs.

I'm telling you...we are teaching/coaching our runners to do something stupid. This is absurd.

This is like fair catching a punt at the half yard line twice in a game....

I think we’re being awfully hard on a team that’s mostly newcomers in the early innings of gsme 2 in an opening weekend tournament against some of the best programs in the country.

Punter1

I think we’re being awfully hard on a team that’s mostly newcomers in the early innings of gsme 2 in an opening weekend tournament against some of the best programs in the country.

Getting picked off, twice, in that situation two games in a row is unbelievably rare and inexcusable...yet typical of our approach.

TCUdirtbag

Getting picked off, twice, in that situation two games in a row is unbelievably rare and inexcusable...yet typical of our approach.

It is February 16. Both players that have been picked off are in there first 2 games at this level. Let’s give it a few weeks before losing our [ Finebaum ] over everything and digging our heels in and declaring this season hopeless.

Froggy Style

Unless you’re counting these first 1 & 1/3 games of 2019 as one of your five years, we went to Omaha 4 of your 5 years so lol
It wasn't getting picked off base paths that got us there. It was good pitching and clutch hitting. I'm not calling for someone's head, but if you can't have a discussion about the ridiculous nature of repeatedly losing players at third base, then what's the point of having a discussion board?