• The KillerFrogs

Game 2: #16 TCU vs. Virginia

LawFrog504

Real solid win. Good to see the bats come alive. Porter looked great. We have some speed in this lineup and really can do damage the way Wolfe is getting on base. We hit the ball hard both games, just didn't drop against CSF. Hoping to get a solid start out of the new guy tomorrow and to smack vandy around

Punter1

This game was like having a massive argument with your hot gf/wife early in the night....then getting to have awesome make up darning after eating some Railhead BBQ before seeing Turnpike finally get back on stage....

TCUdirtbag

Some rough Ls in the Big 12 today:
Kansas lost twice to USC Upstate
Oklahoma State lost to UTRGV
K-State split a DH with CSU-Northridge

Purp

So no I guess is the answer to my question.

Which means we all just have to complain and/or defend without actually knowing whether we're any better or worse than the average college baseball team.
I get where you're going and agree it's necessary to know empirically which argument is correct, but I think it's making the wrong comparison.

I think the folks making the point that our base running blunders are maddening are comparing our current state to what our potential is irrespective of other college baseball teams at any level of quality. The idea is that for us to be the best team we can be we need to lose fewer base runners to careless decisions. That isn't an incorrect position to take and isn't dependent on a comparison to other teams.

For the record, I love our aggressive base running. I have always run bases the same way. The difference between what I do (and did) and what Coach Mo espouses is in how we perceive calculated risk. I think we try to take too many extra bases with less than a 50/50 chance of being safe. Whether Coach Mo sees the odds differently than I do, or he simply doesn't think taking the chance is too risky unless it's worse than a 25% chance of getting the base, I don't know. Either way, he's clearly assessing risk/reward far differently than many here are. Sometimes it pays off and others it clearly doesn't.

I honestly think both sides are right at different times and emotions make us lament the bad more than celebrate the good.

Moose Stuff

We should be seeing Kumar Rocker for Vandy today. Probably the highest rated 2018 draft prospect that didn’t sign. You might recognize his dad’s name, Tracey Rocker. Played DL at Auburn and in the NFL and is the current DL coach for U Tennessee. Never know what you’ll get from a freshman making his first start but he’s got REALLY good stuff. Had an outing in the fall vs OK St were he went three innings and struck out 8 straight.