• The KillerFrogs

Game 2: #16 TCU vs. Virginia

MadFrog

One common theme with our CWS teams was that we always had a very good catcher who would hit in the clutch. We don't have that this year. Not even close.

TCUdirtbag

Top of the third
A fielding error charged to Wolfe at short but equally deserving for Guenther at first puts the leadoff man on for uva
Humphreys gets to a bunt pop up for an out
Leadoff runner steals 2nd
Ground out advances runner to 3rd w/ 2 outs
Strikeout ends the top half of th third

Last edited:

Punter1

I have been notoriously critical of our offensive coaching and baserunning approach the past 5 years...And I know BM is highly respected, but...but...we just dont score many runs.

Armadillo

I tune in an hour late and hear we wasted a lead off triple and then return from the break with an error on an easy play.

I need to find a bucket of chicken to sacrifice! I'm bad luck!

Punter1

I've also been notorious for rearranging the lineup and my first call this year is dropping Watson and ZH to 8-9 and move our new 1st baseman to the 3 spot...

TCUdirtbag

Wolfe with a leadoff walk
So that’s the third inning in a row with the leadoff frog reaching.
Order will flig for porter who singled in the 1st

Wolfe scores the first run of the year off Brown’s RBI double.

Watson with an RBI double makes 2-0

Henry with a bunt base hit and frogs have runners on the corners with no outs

Henry picked off

Guenther grounds out but Watson scores. Frogs lead 3-0 and there are 2 outs.

Humphreys flies out

End of 3. TCU up 3-0

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

I have been notoriously critical of our offensive coaching and baserunning approach the past 5 years...And I know BM is highly respected, but...but...we just dont score many runs.

Last night I calculated the average runs per game by year back through the start of the BBCOR era. It has varied more than I would have thought. I did this to try and figure out what people were talking about with the more aggressive base running thing.

2018 5.93
2017 6.63
2016 6.97
2015 5.88
2014 5.05
2013 4.31
2012 5.81
2011 6.71

Punter1

Last night I calculated the average runs per game by year back through the start of the BBCOR era. It has varied more than I would have thought. I did this to try and figure out what people were talking about with the more aggressive base running thing.

2018 5.93
2017 6.63
2016 6.97
2015 5.88
2014 5.05
2013 4.31
2012 5.81
2011 6.71

I have no idea where that ranks average wise in D1...but it just seems we leave a boat load of runs on the bases either with horrible situational hitting or bad baserunning.

And it seems like we either score 9 or 1 runs a game...which is why our average is where it is...