• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Mississippi State could offer enough to lure away TCU's Jim Schlossnagle

jack the frog

Should we redouble our efforts on Schloss and/or McDonnell?

"Yes. Keep going back to them with better and better offers until one just can't say no. Don't give up and don't settle for a lesser choice.

Neither TCU or Louisville has our SEC money, our stadium, or our fanbase. Eventually one of them will crack and take the job.

Remember how Alabama didn't take a "no" from Saban."

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthre...ouble-our-efforts-on-Schloss-and-or-McDonnell

Anyone care to let them know that TCU could buy and sell that school?

flyfishingfrog

"Yes. Keep going back to them with better and better offers until one just can't say no. Don't give up and don't settle for a lesser choice.

Neither TCU or Louisville has our SEC money, our stadium, or our fanbase. Eventually one of them will crack and take the job.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthre...ouble-our-efforts-on-Schloss-and-or-McDonnell

I don’t think we can buy and sell any big state U but the reality is that in a salary race for any University employee including a head coach of any sport - the level of materiality and the difference between two offers isn’t going to be large enough for TCU or any P5 program to ever be priced out of a bidding war

For example their assumption that if they doubled Tadlock’s $900k salary he would jump - well Tech could easily match that if they wanted - it’s all a matter of how bad you want to get or keep the person

Even the Aggy contract for football could be matched if a school really wanted

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

Jpi9CvA.gif

jack the frog

I don’t think we can buy and sell any big state U but the reality is that in a salary race for any University employee including a head coach of any sport - the level of materiality and the difference between two offers isn’t going to be large enough for TCU or any P5 program to ever be priced out of a bidding war

For example their assumption that if they doubled Tadlock’s $900k salary he would jump - well Tech could easily match that if they wanted - it’s all a matter of how bad you want to get or keep the person

That is one poor azz school I promise u that. Old Choctaw stomping grounds for my family and some history there. Something like a 350mm endowment and all in athletic revenue 15mm or so less than TCU last year, with SEC money, as I recall.

flyfishingfrog

That is one poor azz school I promise u that. Old Choctaw stomping grounds for my family and some history there. Something like a 350mm endowment and all in athletic revenue 15mm or so less than TCU last year, with SEC money, as I recall.
Yes but they have the state gov behind them if needed and can run a deficit if necessary due to govt bond capability

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Probably can’t buy a big state school is true. But we could let them know that if they take their endowment, plus Ole Miss’ endowment and then just for fun throw in Southern Miss’ endowment - TCU is still more well endowed.

In other words, they may think they have SEC money and are the big swinging [ the old ricardo ] s but they aren’t swinging as big as TCU is.

Screw those guys. I hope they have to go hire some high school coach.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Probably can’t buy a big state school is true. But we could let them know that if they take their endowment, plus Ole Miss’ endowment and then just for fun throw in Southern Miss’ endowment - TCU is still more well endowed.

In other words, they may think they have SEC money and are the big swinging cocks but they aren’t swinging as big as TCU is.

Screw those guys. I hope they have to go hire some high school coach.
I hope the whole place burns to the ground.