• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Mississippi State could offer enough to lure away TCU's Jim Schlossnagle

FrogCop19

Having trouble gauging whether this pic is sexual or doing a crybaby sign.

Crybaby. She'd have the "cone of shame" on otherwise...

photo-13.jpg

flyfishingfrog

The sad part is they probably could get Godwin from ECU or Heefner from DBU but like all big State U schools - they think they are too good for hiring an up and comer from a smaller school despite the fact that all the guys they want now started as the “up and coming” hire for their current school.

And the reality is both those guys are great coaches and could get them what they want - which is a legend coach

But no!!!!they want instant gratification....

Last edited:

jack the frog

Another swing and a miss. They were confident in McDonnel after CJS said no.

Corbin from Vandy also turned them down last night.

With Schloss, that was candidate 1, 2 and 3 now gone. It is now Tadlock or bust on that board. I suspect the they have zero chance at Tadlock with his family ties combined with Tech's newfound wealth around the Double Eagle guys. There are a couple of EliteDawg.com fans now realizing that the mid-major or retread is inevitable.

They are an arrogant bunch, that is for sure. Several posters refer to themselves as SEC Bluebloods (I thought it was tongue in cheek at first) and they speak of 'checking off all the boxes' against TCU. Not one poster on that site understands that once the family/facility issues were resolved and if it came down to money, they had zero chance if TCU was motivated.

Last edited:

jack the frog

I'll make a visit over there and take some crow with me to make it convenient. That said, I figure that very few (maybe as few as three people) will ever know the full and true story about the Schloss to MSU situation.

Play the friendly helpful my second favorite team is Miss State fan that just wants to let them know that our money, facilities, academics, and city are why this inevitably played out how it did.

jack the frog

I'll make a visit over there and take some crow with me to make it convenient. That said, I figure that very few (maybe as few as three people) will ever know the full and true story about the Schloss to MSU situation.

I am a bit older and maybe on that basis do not have some built in need to know itch (like you I suspect). I just hope that all things were worked out for Schloss and his family and they are happy to be at TCU and want to stay with us for a long time.

flyfishingfrog

Bless their hearts. Some think it is still Schloss and that he only removed his name to get through the draft.

Others thought he removed it because he was told he didn’t get the job originally

Obviously they realize that is not true and now a few are trying to promote the rumor story as the reason why MSU wouldn’t have offered

And I saw a thread on saarloos that has a few references that something squirrelly must be going on for him to remove his name from Rice

They just can’t believe someone would actually want to be at TCU over other schools I guess...truth hurts but they are just like Aggies in almost every way

Moose Stuff

Others thought he removed it because he was told he didn’t get the job originally

Obviously they realize that is not true and now a few are trying to promote the rumor story as the reason why MSU wouldn’t have offered

And I saw a thread on saarloos that has a few references that something squirrelly must be going on for him to remove his name from Rice

They just can’t believe someone would actually want to be at TCU over other schools I guess...truth hurts but they are just like Aggies in almost every way

So basically the same thing we’d be doing over here if the situation were reversed. #justsayin

flyfishingfrog

So basically the same thing we’d be doing over here if the situation were reversed. #justsayin
Or that if a asst coach didn’t take a head coach job at another school it’s because his current school must be doing something “fishy” vs him just not wanting the job?

If you say so...I kind of assumed most people don’t want a change unless it’s a huge reward or something is wrong - not the other way around