• The KillerFrogs

Did anyone hear on the ticket this morning...

ifrog

It sounds as if someone dropped the ball on this. Now that I think about it more (even though I don't listen or know who they are) this may have been a missed opportunity.

Big Frog II

This is the kind of stuff TCU use to do pre-1998.  I don't listen to the Musers, but any time you have a chance for good PR in your community you need to take it.  

I wonder who did make the decision?

BABYFACE

I don't listen to 1310 anymore, but it was silly for TCU to take a pass on some PR.

An earlier post in the thread said you should treat existing customers like royalty, and reach out to new ones. I am getting the feeling TCU could care less if we quit renewing our 8 seats and lot 3 parking. I am willing to bet CDC thinks he could plug someone in our place and anyone else that does the same. There is not always going to be someone to fill in. I understand it is about the money, but it is wise to make an effort to keep your existing customers some what happy at the same time.

f_399

From the looks of it, CDC may not have known, or at least all the details.

Maybe the ticket thought they could just walk in and do their thing, maybe they got in contact the wrong person?

I think CDC has more to say about it after he does his own research.

Reptilian

ifrog said:
It sounds as if someone dropped the ball on this. Now that I think about it more (even though I don't listen or know who they are) this may have been a missed opportunity.
They own DFW ratings and have become the most streamed broadcast in the country. That includes music stations. Sports/guys talk. Hilarious.

Big miss. Like our bats lately.

Dman890 said:
Definitely a screw up - there's no other way around it.

Also, some of y'all quit acting like its an achievement to not know who the Musers are.  Listen to whatever radio you want - but for the purpose of this discussion, they are a highly rated sports talk show in DFW.
Yeah, maybe I'm just a radio nerd but I know who tons of radio personalities are in which I never listen to their station.

ftwfrog

They won the Marconi for best sports talk show in the country. Twice.

Probably would have been nice to have them on campus, especially since they were willing to drive from Dallas at 5:30 in the AM.

mcdaddy

In CDC I trust. I bet TCU will come out better at the end of it all--have our own show and not lumped into a "college week" with all those other spares.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Wrong.  Not every dumb decision comes out better in the end.

This is not a real big deal but combined with other media fumbles, does show a pattern of inattention to media issues.

ifrog

Dman890 said:

Also, some of y'all quit acting like its an achievement to not know who the Musers are.  

2015_04_14_10_19_40.jpg

FrogSwagSurfin

The Ticket is the most listened to radio station in the southwest by the demographic that follows college football most. Bad move on the Frogs, The Musers (minus Gordo) are always pro TCU especially during the Baylor PR push. If you want to build a strong P1 t-shirt fan base than you go with The Ticket.

Now for those seeking all sports talk they are not chartering to that audience but they never that their agenda. They are all college educated non blowhards (like us) that don't seem to have a C level executive telling them what to push, they are about as normal as you get. I'll take The Ticket over the pro Baylor station all day and please don't mention lower life form appeasers on The Fan because it's the freshman team in DFW.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
When in doubt, make a few phone calls. I did and this is what I found out

• The Ticket announced they were coming to TCU before they bothered to ask the school if it was OK
  • Once they did ask, they requested two locations with the BLUU as their first choice
  • The school received permission from the BLUU and told The Ticket that it was OK
  • The Ticket then said, "no thanks"
Its easy to jump all over the school because The Ticket never makes mistakes or does something as presumptuous as say they are doing a remote at a location before actually asking if its OK to do it...right?

TCU worked to accommodate them and when The Ticket got what they wanted, they backed out.  Like I was told "why would we not want them on campus"?    I agree

Time to move on.  There is no controversy here