• The KillerFrogs

Did anyone hear on the ticket this morning...

Despite the odds Frog said:
You know they have contracts with other radio stations. The ticket is the radio station for SMU and University of North Texas. And they treat them with little to no coverage except these metroplex visits once every year.
They don't have a contract with University of North Texas. They broadcast ONE basketball game. The Ticket has SMU. WBAP has TCU. Both are owned by Cumulus and are housed in the same broadcast facility with the same senior management. There is no conflict of interest. I'm not going to address the rest of your comment because you obviously don't listen with any kind of regularity.

Again some of you don't understand contracts. This is not TCU sticking it to the Ticket.

SMU has a contract with the Ticket (University of North Texas is small time I guess I don't know their situation but it's not like TCU). UTA doesn't have a contract. That is why all of them give the Ticket access to the campus. If SMU had a contract with ESPN the Ticket would not be on campus there either. Get it?

Dogfrog

f_399 said:
Exactly.

T Shirt fans wouldn't hurt to get more attendance at our games, be it football, basketball or any other sport.

We know we cant fill it up with TCU students and alums alone.
Attendance may be an issue but not because the tickets weren't sold. How do the Musers impact STH's not sitting in their seats?

netty2424

PhormerPhrog said:
They don't have a contract with University of North Texas. They broadcast ONE basketball game. The Ticket has SMU. WBAP has TCU. Both are owned by Cumulus and are housed in the same broadcast facility with the same senior management. There is no conflict of interest. I'm not going to address the rest of your comment because you obviously don't listen with any kind of regularity.
True, and The Ticket has had nothing but good things to say about TCU, the campus, AGC, and our success. Further many of the on air personalities felt like and voiced that we were better and more deserving of the playoffs than BU.

In fact, Jr Miller raved about our stadium after the OU game and went as far as saying it's the best venue in Texas to watch a football game.

Fail on TCU's part.

f_399

Dogfrog said:
Attendance may be an issue but not because the tickets weren't sold. How do the Musers impact STH's not sitting in their seats?

I know for a fact STH's sell their tickets in the secondary market.

Just look at stubhub before every game and look at where those seats are located.

There are tickets available for the general public to purchase. 

PhormerPhrog said:
I listen to it everyday. You don't understand entertainment business. Really doesn't matter how they talk about TCU. This I'm sure is about business. Why don't you call TCU and they can tell you.

Maybe there is no conflict but TCU is busy. Coaches not available. TCU doesn't schedule around the Ticket.

I'm just defending TCU, maybe there is a reason instead of big bad TCU.

SnoSki

FrogFrog said:
It's silly and makes TCU look bad.  It is essentially a 4-hour advertisement for your university.  We missed out on comments about how beautiful the campus looks, about the new basketball arena, interviews with GP and CDC, etc.  

No excuse. 

Yep. Even if they can't get an interview with anyone besides a couple students walking by, the event in their mind is at the very least neutral. Instead, they share how TCU snubbed them and everyone on that show + their millions of listeners think that TCU is run/populated by a big bunch of d-bags.

dkfrog

I listen to it everyday. You don't understand entertainment business. Really doesn't matter how they talk about TCU. This I'm sure is about business. Why don't you call TCU and they can tell you.

Maybe there is no conflict but TCU is busy. Coaches not available. TCU doesn't schedule around the Ticket.
I understand the entertainment business, specifically radio, and specifically radio in DFW. I'll tell you that you are 100% wrong here. There is zero conflict of interest btwn any station(s) under contract with TCU.

Dogfrog

f_399 said:

Just look at stubhub before every game and look at where those seats are located.

TCU can only sell it's tickets once. Some STH's sell their tickets on stubhub so opponents fans can fill the stadium. Others just let them go to waste. None of this has anything to do with the Musers.

dkfrog said:
I understand the entertainment business, specifically radio, and specifically radio in DFW. I'll tell you that you are 100% wrong here. There is zero conflict of interest btwn any station(s) under contract with TCU.
Ok seems lots of people taking this hard. Just defending TCU and that their may be reasons you have no idea about. Lots of people on a witch hunt. Call the school. Email CDC. Find out why.

OICU812

YUP! Still burning over this debacle. Asked CDC at the, "seating summit," point blank, what are you gonna do to prevent what looks to be the inevitability of profiteering by folks gobbling up extras for the secondary market, i.e., making sure that at the very least, TCU folk get, "first dibs."

Gave me the slick salesman response in the moment of, "We're looking at that," or some such. Followed up by email to him a few days later. Bupkis.

dkfrog

Ok seems lots of people taking this hard. Just defending TCU and that their may be reasons you have no idea about. Lots of people on a witch hunt. Call the school. Email CDC. Find out why.
Not saying that there couldn't be a legit reason. Just saying that contracts have nothing to do with it.

Dogfrog

OICU812 said:
YUP! Still burning over this debacle. Asked CDC at the, "seating summit," point blank, what are you gonna do to prevent what looks to be the inevitability of profiteering by folks gobbling up extras for the secondary market, i.e., making sure that at the very least, TCU folk get, "first dibs."

Gave me the slick salesman response in the moment of, "We're looking at that," or some such. Followed up by email to him a few days later. Bupkis.
Wow this has never been discussed here before. What does it have to do with the Musers broadcast?

f_399

Dogfrog said:
TCU can only sell it's tickets once. Some STH's sell their tickets on stubhub so opponents fans can fill the stadium. Others just let them go to waste. None of this has anything to do with the Musers.

If there was local demand for tickets, they will be bought.

Musers certainly can attract local followers by saying a few good words on air.

Maybe some listeners who never thought to watch a TCU game may decide to come out.

It definitely wouldn't hurt..

How do you think advertising and marketing works?

Do you not hear local commercials to watch the mavs, stars, rangers... how is that any different for TCU when there are tickets to be sold and seats to fill. 

Reptilian

They promoted coming to TCU for the last two weeks. This morning it changed to TWC. At first I thought Junior Miller brain farted. Damn. I was going to take tomorrow morning off and swing by for a bit.

Chad frackin Morris is on now. Great pub for SMUt.

Just checked Twitter. Looks like CDC had no idea about it. Looks like TCU did mess up. I was wrong. Legit reason out the door. I try to look at people and think they are trying to do the best and if not their is a reason. This is a fail.

f_399

Chris Del Conte@_delconte

@KiloBunch @BudKennedy @MacarthurTexas @TCUCoachP @TicketRadio according my guys we had secured a location in athletics not sure on campus
1f44d.png
1f44a.png

Dman890

Definitely a screw up - there's no other way around it.

Also, some of y'all quit acting like its an achievement to not know who the Musers are.  Listen to whatever radio you want - but for the purpose of this discussion, they are a highly rated sports talk show in DFW.