• The KillerFrogs

Did anyone hear on the ticket this morning...

FrogFaced

The Musers (morning show) are in the midst of their annual college tour where they broadcast from area college campuses. Yesterday they were at North Texas. Today they are at SMU. Tomorrow they were supposed to go to TCU but they said on air that TCU would not provide them a broadcasting location. Instead Texas Weslyn stepped up and now they have an interview lined up with their ping pong coach. This is embarrassing. The Musers are the top rated morning show in the MetroPlex and TCU public relations cant find them a spot on campus to broadcast. Horrible to treat the media poorly especially an outlet like the Ticket. 

FrogFaced

Lot Lizard said:
How is this embarrassing? It may be that I'm just missing something obvious, but I don't see the big fail on TCU's part here.

Ummm a highly rated sports talk radio show is doing a campus tour, and 5 other metro plex campuses bend over backwards to accomodate and TCU is the only one that makes it so difficult the Ticket instead goes over to Texas Weslyen...

How is that not embarrassing? TCU basically turned down 3 hours of free advertising. If that doesnt sound snotty I dont know what is.   

You know they have contracts with other radio stations. The ticket is the radio station for SMU and University of North Texas. And they treat them with little to no coverage except these metroplex visits once every year.

On top of that the Ticket however talks good about TCU, the Musers on the other hand, talk like University of North Texas, SMU, UTA, and TCU are on the same progression level while A&M and UT are at a different level. Musers still talk and think like SWC is around they haven't moved forward like we see so much in the Dallas media. It has taken many years for TCU to change people's minds that this is not the TCU of the SWC in fact TCU's road is a success story maybe the biggest in all college football. Still old time UT/BU/TT/A&M alum in the media still can't get passed the many years of the SWC even though the nation has long ago. The Hardline is much better in recognizing where TCU is at.

eh0215

Despite the odds Frog said:
You know they have contracts with other radio stations.

On top of that the Ticket however talks good about TCU, the Musers on the other hand, talk like University of North Texas, SMU, UTA, and TCU are on the same progression level while A&M and UT are at a different level. Musers still talk and think like SWC is around they haven't moved forward like we see so much in the Dallas media. It has taken many years for TCU to change people's minds that this is not the TCU of the SWC in fact TCU's road is a success story maybe the biggest in all college football. Still old time UT/BU/TT/A&M alum in the media still can't get passed the many years of the SWC even though the nation has long ago. The Hardline is much better in recognizing where TCU is at.

Wouldn't it then behoove us to accomodate them and leave a good impression instead of throwing gasoline on the fire?

I mean, TCU may have had stuff going on that just made this impossible for the school to accomodate. Benefit of the doubt and all. If so, that's unfortunate.

ifrog

meh who cares if North Texas and SMU hosted them. Leave the "musers" to the mid majors. We have had plenty of publicity. I doubt that losing a few hours of radio to some guys I have have never heard of will matter.

eh0215 said:
Wouldn't it then behoove us to accomodate them and leave a good impression instead of throwing gasoline on the fire?

I mean, TCU may have had stuff going on that just made this impossible for the school to accomodate. Benefit of the doubt and all. If so, that's unfortunate.
Nope. The ticket is the station for SMU and University of North Texas and they treat them like dirt. TCU has contracts with other radio stations.

TCU doesn't need the Ticket as TCU has a national brand and lots of exposure. But I'm 100% that it's more about radio contracts, it's business, don't take it personal.

dkfrog

ifrog said:
meh who cares if North Texas and SMU hosted them. Leave the "musers" to the mid majors. We have had plenty of publicity. I doubt that losing a few hours of radio to some guys I have have never heard of will matter.
It matters bc of the # of ppl who listen to them daily who now think that TCU bigtimed the number one radio program among adult males.

FrogFaced

Despite the odds Frog said:
Nope. The ticket is the station for SMU and University of North Texas and they treat them like dirt. TCU has contracts with other radio stations.

TCU doesn't need the Ticket as TCU has a national brand and lots of exposure. But I'm 100% that it's more about radio contracts, it's business, don't take it personal.

This is a very stupid way of thinking. Does TCU need the Ticket, no. But would it be very easy to supply them a small place on campus to do three hours of Radio and say nice things about our campus, YES. 

FrogFrog

It's silly and makes TCU look bad.  It is essentially a 4-hour advertisement for your university.  We missed out on comments about how beautiful the campus looks, about the new basketball arena, interviews with GP and CDC, etc.  

No excuse. 

Dogfrog

dkfrog said:
It matters bc of the # of ppl who listen to them daily who now think that TCU bigtimed the number one radio program among adult males.
I'm guessing they would have set up shop on campus and proceeded to belittle us the whole broadcast. Screw them, they deserve TWU ping pong.

f_399

Anything important(outside normal operations) happening at TCU this week that they couldn't accommodate them?

CDC and CoachP were mentioned on the twitter comment and I am assuming they will come up with a response?

OICU812

The better business practice would seem to be treat your existing folks like royalty while going out of your way, albeit less so, to bring newcomers/ rivals into the tent. From here, not knowing any back story, I think TCU fumbled an opportunity to win converts. The only thing accomplished was probably to reinforce existing hostility.

We have to always remember that no matter how great the product, because of our relatively small enrollment, we need to always be as welcoming as possible to put butts in seats.

f_399

Exactly.

T Shirt fans wouldn't hurt to get more attendance at our games, be it football, basketball or any other sport.

We know we cant fill it up with TCU students and alums alone.