• The KillerFrogs

Coach Patterson's Press Conference: Open Thread

LezzGetFroggy

EdKamen said:
I know some of y'all like to go to other teams' fan boards for some interesting reading. For me, I like my blood pressure where it is.

Besides, there's plenty of horse manure to go around for everybody.

Go Frogs!

That's why I am staying away from both RP and Gaylor fans (always) this week.

Frogcrates

Incredible how so many people (and press) are describing the incident as if Tuaua et al fought and beat up the TCU students in order to take the 12 pack of Keystone rather than as a fight that broke out and somewhere along the way a 12 pack of keystone was stolen. Every article I read makes it sound like this was a planned assault with intent to steal keystone - it was a fight and some beer was stolen.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Frogcrates said:
Incredible how so many people (and press) are describing the incident as if Tuaua et al fought and beat up the TCU students in order to take the 12 pack of Keystone rather than as a fight that broke out after and somewhere along the way a 12 pack of keystone was stolen. Every article I read makes it sound like this was a planned assault with intent to steal keystone - it was a fight and some beer was stolen.
Because integrity in journalism is dead and that spin gets more views.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
PapaBear said:
 I get message board lurkers taking pot shots but coaches should take the high road. 
Did a Baywhore person seriously write that?

BWAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah, coaches should. Yours never has and never will. Meanwhile you Baptists can justify it all in your own little minds, with your Bibles in hand.

BABYFACE

ECM said:
Stealing and punching and kicking another person in the face and stomach. Yes, the rape at Baylor is worse, but this wasn't just stealing beer, it was felony assault
You are severely mistaken if you think a player punched someone in the face to take their beer. Assault, yes. Felony, no. That will not stick. Taking a roadie with you on the way out of a party is very common, fight or no fight.

817frog

Your opinion...Is Tuaua and crew justified in their actions if the three frat guys tossed the N word out there referring to Petties-Wilson?

The facts will come out.

SwissArmyFrog

Lone Frog said:

I don't think it was so much a shot at Baylor/Briles as it was a harsh question about whether the media attention paid to the two incidents is proportionate.

Yes, I read it as vs. the media rather than vs. Briles/Baylor.

Pharm Frog

817frog said:
Your opinion...Is Tuaua and crew justified in their actions if the three frat guys tossed the N word out there referring to Petties-Wilson?

The facts will come out.

No.  But, I don't think we know what actions actually took place.  I don't believe that any use of any word or phrase justifies punching or kicking someone unless that phrase implies a realistic threat to your safety.

SwissArmyFrog

Jake102 said:
I was wondering if Slanina was going to give defense a shot. He seemed like the most likely candidate when I was thinking through our WRs

Maybe a combination of Des, Kavontae and Nixon can take over the slot positions.