• The KillerFrogs

Coach Patterson's Press Conference: Open Thread

ifrog

ECM said:
He's right, but why bring up Baylor at all? Juicy quotes like that just put more national media spotlight on the recent TCU arrests.

Nah any sane adult would realize that a rape cover up and stealing Keystone Light are two different things.

TAINTed frog

Moose Stuff said:
The single best part of college football is rivalries so why does this upset you? Let the hate flow and quit being a [Smelly Cat]. I know that hard for you people.

It's because Baylor doesn't understand what a rivalry is, they just started playing the football a couple of years ago.

Frog-in-law1995

TCUdirtbag said:
It got lost in all the other press conference hype, but CGP didn't seem as anxious/unsure this week as he has the past few.  Either he thinks he can scheme well against Tech this week or all the injuries/losses have taken expectations down to a more manageable level.  I never know what to read from his mannerisms/tone/demeanor, but it seemed more positive today--even in spite of the Tuaua discussion.  

Also, some really classy hat tips to Tech/Kliff (with regard to the Bilema spat, Mahomes play, Kliff's coaching, and the overall improvement of Tech).  
Maybe he's more comfortable with his knowledge of what Tech is going to try to do offensively against us than he was with the new staff at SMU.

ECM

ifrog said:

Nah any sane adult would realize that a rape cover up and stealing Keystone Light are two different things.
Stealing and punching and kicking another person in the face and stomach. Yes, the rape at Baylor is worse, but this wasn't just stealing beer, it was felony assault

FBallFan123

GeorgeLanescaddy said:

What gets pushed way behind the Sam U deal is the Tevin Elliot rapes. He raped 4 girls, while I don't know if he was on the team during his arrest that guy is bad news.

Also, please add Murder U going forward.
I think Briles' action, or inaction, as it relates to those incidents is being misinterpreted...he's just trying to help the conference...

"So they need to be obligated to us, because we're helping the Big 12's image in the nation."

B

Backup Waterboy

Everyone needs to chill on the "south of here comment". The comment refers to the way the university and media reacted differently in the two situations and it is entirely accurate.

Media will pump it so Baylor tears flow and create hate. This will make a great 30 for 30 some day after Baylor losses Briles right before receiving probation from the NCAA.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Guys--it wasn't just a rape cover up.  It was a rape cover up PLUS further victimization of the victim.  In Steel's mind, that's almost the worst part of Baylor's part in all of that mess.

ChrisBradshaw

Showtime_22 said:
Whatever his intent was the media will run it as a shot to BU.

Sometimes I actually feel bad for Gary Patterson.  It has to be tough to constantly be so insecure about things.
Insecure? How about he was setting [ Finebaum ] straight with the media who is ridiculous with sensationalizing stories just for clicks. Additionally, he's defending his players as to say they are not "felons" or the "criminals" that they are blowing this up to be. He knows his players were wrong and he's handled that situation in-house.
Again, he's making sure they (the media) don't even twist this situation to be like the other recent news out of Waco. That's all. Carry on now

Moose Stuff

ECM said:
Honestly it would probably have blown over in a day or so. Now that quote will keep it going up until the Baylor game if BU-TCU has national significance at the end of the year

Also what good do you do justifying bad acts with other bad acts? Yes, what happened at Baylor was awful, but 260lb linemen stealing from students and kicking and punching them in the face and stomach isn't all roses either.
If we're still nationally relevant at the end of the year I'll happily take that heat.

cdsfrog

Showtime_22 said:
Whatever his intent was the media will run it as a shot to BU.

Sometimes I actually feel bad for Gary Patterson.  It has to be tough to constantly be so insecure about things.

Yep he must be jealous.

Pharm Frog

Frog-in-law1995 said:
No it wasn't. Where'd you go to law school? J.C. Penny?

ECM said:
ReallySNLImage.jpeg

PurplePutt

PapaBear said:
But why?  What did BU have anything to do with an assault by TCU athletes to TCU students on a TCU campus? I get message board lurkers taking pot shots but coaches should take the high road. 

Stupid Bear.  You should be sued too.  Get your facts straight.  The charges are Robbery (keystone light) and bodily injury (minor).  Are you so stupid to think that TCU football players roam around late at night looking for some tiny frat boys to beat up and steal beer from.  There are two sides of this.