• The KillerFrogs

Coach Patterson's Press Conference: Open Thread

Moose Stuff

Pharm Frog said:
I don't believe that any use of any word or phrase justifies punching or kicking someone unless that phrase implies a realistic threat to your safety.
Easier said than done I would imagine. I witnessed first hand a buddy of mine get the "n" word dropped on him by a guy he bumped into by accident. My buddy looked him right in the eye and said "call me that again...... PLEASE". He did, and then his face met the sidewalk. To this day he will still tell you that was one of the more satisfying moments of his life.

InnerloopFrog

The reason the Baylor fans can not relate to this latest story is that their star players hit and rape women and have their slime covered Baylor employed coaching assistants/roommates lie about it and flea the country to avoid perjury charges where as TCU players defend their brothers in a fight with drunk frat guys.

B

Backup Waterboy

ranafea said:
"His former girlfriend did testify that she never told police or university officials about the abuse. Boise State officials have also said they were unaware of the assertions."[/font.

"His former girlfriend did testify that she never told police or university officials about the abuse. Boise State officials have also said they were unaware of the assertions."

Clearly, Briles should have known of this kid's violent past.  I mean, how could he miss it?

Muschamp. Made a different decision with the same information. So there's that.

cheese83

Showtime_22 said:
Whatever his intent was the media will run it as a shot to BU.

Sometimes I actually feel bad for Gary Patterson.  It has to be tough to constantly be so insecure about things.

He is a really insecure guy, that's why he made himself a WWE championship belt. Oh wait that's your coach.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Re: Slanina, if that is the deal and he's working at safety - would be shocked if that convo had NOT been initiated by Mr. Slanina. Something along the lines of "Hey coach, you need me to slide over to that side of the field real quick?"

I don't know if he'll ever get to the stat level of Doctson et al, but dammit that kid's playing on Sundays.

Frogenstein

ECM said:
Stealing and punching and kicking another person in the face and stomach. Yes, the rape at Baylor is worse, but this wasn't just stealing beer, it was felony assault
As far as what has been reported this is not felony assault but Class A misdemeanor assault. Felony assault requires serious bodily injury. All that has been reported in this incident is bodily injury so unless new facts come to light it is not felony assault.

FBallFan123

Looks like the media has a new HC quote to run with...Patterson has already been one-upped by Sonny Dykes...

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN
Cals Sonny Dykes on QB Jared Goff to http://SI.com : Hes all the stuff you want. Hes never stolen crab legs, any of that stuff"

Pharm Frog

Moose Stuff said:
Easier said than done I would imagine. I witnessed first hand a buddy of mine get the "n" word dropped on him by a guy he bumped into by accident. My buddy looked him right in the eye and said "call me that again...... PLEASE". He did, and then his face met the sidewalk. To this day he will still tell you that was one of the more satisfying moments of his life.

I didn't claim it would be easy.  Nor did I claim that it wouldn't be cathartic to avenge a perceived insult.  I just believe that words don't justify physical violence.

netty2424

Showtime_22 said:

Good question.  He probably doesn't have anything to be insecure about but he acts like he is constantly.

He can't keep things focused on his own school/team.  It's not the first time he's brought up other schools with shots like that.  He just can't help himself.
You're wrong. Mac Doosh Engal compared the two. He was taking a shot at him, not Baylor.

Who's insecure now? (Showtime!)

Showtime_22

netty2424 said:
You're wrong. Mac Doosh Engal compared the two. He was taking a shot at him, not Baylor.

Who's insecure now? (Showtime!)

So half of you say he was taking a strategically placed shot at Baylor to deflect the media's attention and half of you say he was just taking a shot at the media.  Either way, your boy found a way to bring up Baylor in a press conference about TCU and their upcoming game against Texas Tech.  We don't play until 11/27.  Like I said, he just can't help it.

netty2424

TX_Krötenechse said:
A Baylor alum coworker of mine just walked up to my desk and told me that Patterson is a huge whiny baby who should just focus on his own team and stop talking about Baylor. 

Successful press conference IMO
Tell that intern to head back to his cubicle.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
PapaBear said:
But why?  What did BU have anything to do with an assault by TCU athletes to TCU students on a TCU campus? I get message board lurkers taking pot shots but coaches should take the high road. 
Shouldn't you be jumping up and down like a dumbass on a sideline somewhere? scheissing dork.

netty2424

Showtime_22 said:

So half of you say he was taking a strategically placed shot at Baylor to deflect the media's attention and half of you say he was just taking a shot at the media.  Either way, your boy found a way to bring up Baylor in a press conference about TCU and their upcoming game against Texas Tech.  We don't play until 11/27.  Like I said, he just can't help it.
I don't speak for anyone else but me. My interpretation was he was asked about it and he responded appropriately. Take it how you want to, I'll do the same. Mac Engal compared the two because he's a piece of [ Finebaum ]. Patterson clarified that the two are not comparable.

I'm sure you are in the camp that raping a girl and getting into a fight at a party are the same?

Ron Swanson

Showtime_22 said:

Quit covering up rapes and people quit talking about you

f_399

Showtime_22 said:

We all know Patterson may not be the best with the press but behind that he is firmly in control of his program.

How about the HC down south that has lack of institutional control, doesn't have clue whats happening to his own team. Is it 3-4 weeks in a row now that something has happened? Do you guys need to hire a compliance officer?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
No, they will continue to strut about with their heads planted deeply up their rectums, until the day the Man comes knocking and Warden Art heads out the back door leaving them holding the bag.

Prize douchebaggery such as theirs is almost mystic in its pitiable stupidity. They defend the truly abhorrent, revel in the perversion of all that is good and point to their righteousness as a shield. Disgusting, filthy beasts...

Just when you think they have reached absolute bottom, they somehow manage to scoop even that.

Rape U. It's an institution...

OICU812

ranafea said:
"His former girlfriend did testify that she never told police or university officials about the abuse. Boise State officials have also said they were unaware of the assertions."

Clearly, Briles should have known of this kid's violent past.  I mean, how could he miss it?

How did the Waco prosecutor NOT miss it?

Latest posts