• The KillerFrogs

Ch 5 now. Breaking news.

OICU812

KLPFROG said:
You obviously didn't read my second post where I said I thought he should be punished and made a mistake. Still a college kid.
I did see it.  I just think that's an unhelpful choice of words, when no way in heck would we/ (you?) apply it to a Baylor player, or someone else we didn't like.  I personally think it's an excessive charge, and betting it will at some point get reduced.

But let's not start the conversation with the context of "just a kid," which suggests entitlement to be held less-accountable than what the law contemplates.  It undercuts all the positive things we say frequently on this board, about how proud we are of "our young men."

We don't minimize their accomplishments by saying they are "just kids," nor should we minimize their culpability when they do wrong by saying it.

Pharm Frog

Dogfrog said:
Either we are missing some info or there is deep hatred for TCU athletes in Tarrant County. The DA is a Tech grad (jk)

screetch said:

Well, she is...

Sharen Wilson was sworn in on January 1, 2015, becoming the first female Criminal District Attorney in Tarrant County. She manages a $38 million budget and oversees a staff of 312, which includes 154 attorneys and 51 investigators.  A graduate of Texas Tech University School of Law, Wilson has worked on both sides of the docket.

nwlafrog

Pharm Frog said:

Sharen Wilson was sworn in on January 1, 2015, becoming the first female Criminal District Attorney in Tarrant County. She manages a $38 million budget and oversees a staff of 312, which includes 154 attorneys and 51 investigators.  A graduate of Texas Tech University School of Law, Wilson has worked on both sides of the docket.

Moose Stuff

HornedFrogPO said:
The second player involved is not the one out for personal reaons. I'm certain of that.  If my information is correct, it is not anyone that is a big contributor in games
I've heard the exact same thing.

NavyFrog

TxFrog1999 said:
Doesn't matter is the Frat boy started up a David Duke rally, you don't assault someone for mouthing off. Period. As a senior and "leader" of the team he should have known better and if he wasn't involved in the fight I want to know what he did to try and stop the altercation (assuming the minor injuries were not due to an all out brawl).
I am not condoning anything that happened.  The best thing for Tuaua to have done was walk away.  However, that is a lot easier said than done, especially after the fact.  Alcohol, some name calling, a little testosterone and some male pride and its easy to see why you have an altercation.  Just don't see why this had to even involve the police.  From what I have heard, no one was really injured.   

Boomhauer

Pharm Frog said:

The timing of it with the Tech game this week is interesting.....

YA

Actual Sharon Wilson is an awful person who will be a one termer--and this had nothing to do with this case.  She has caused so much distention in the DA's office that all the good people are quitting, including investigators.  Heck she even shut down major crime labs and that is a first for a major metropolitan county. 

KLPFROG

OICU812 said:
I did see it.  I just think that's an unhelpful choice of words, when no way in heck would we/ (you?) apply it to a Baylor player, or someone else we didn't like.  I personally think it's an excessive charge, and betting it will at some point get reduced.

But let's not start the conversation with the context of "just a kid," which suggests entitlement to be held less-accountable than what the law contemplates.  It undercuts all the positive things we say frequently on this board, about how proud we are of "our young men."

We don't minimize their accomplishments by saying they are "just kids," nor should we minimize their culpability when they do wrong by saying it.
Pretty sure I have heard Gary call them kids on more than one occasion. I am sorry that you had a problem with my choice of words. Again, I don't condone what he did, but if it was another team with "minor injuries and stolen beer," I probably wouldn't go crazy about it and realize those things happen in college.

yurintroubl

This should be interesting.   SEC has a long history of letting guys play again as long as there is no conviction... Even if it was caught on camera.

NOT saying that is what should happen here... just interesting.

Unfortunately, I think one of the victims WAS seriously hurt. I think that is the reason the police are following through on this. Heard victim was recovering from surgery at time of incident and further injured as a result?  

Moose Stuff

HornedFrogPO said:
Unfortunately, I think one of the victims WAS seriously hurt. I think that is the reason the police are following through on this.
I haven't heard that, but that makes the most sense. Seems overblown otherwise.

Latest posts