• The KillerFrogs

Ch 5 now. Breaking news.

OICU812

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Lawyers,

Is this the city/DA going after Tuaua even if the victims decide not to press charges or is this a case of the victims pressing charges?
Somebody is pushing it for sure.  PD has looked the other way on much worse stuff, if the vic doesn't want it to go anywhere.

Punter1

TxFrog1999 said:
Doesn't matter is the Frat boy started up a David Duke rally, you don't assault someone for mouthing off. Period. As a senior and "leader" of the team he should have known better and if he wasn't involved in the fight I want to know what he did to try and stop the altercation (assuming the minor injuries were not due to an all out brawl).
Then don't let your mouth write checks your ass can't cash. I doubt theres a person on this board that hasn't either hit or at least pushed down a person for getting in their face and talking [ Finebaum ].

Chances are he had it coming...kinda like the dbag drug dealing frat guy Tucker, Davern and Thompson beat up in '96.

Dogfrog

Either we are missing some info or there is deep hatred for TCU athletes in Tarrant County. The DA is a Tech grad (jk)

nwlafrog

Since beginning of time-2008
Start some [ Finebaum ] - get knocked out....let it Go

2008-now
Start [ Finebaum ] - get knocked out....son, you have a case and need to be paid! Let me get my lawyers involved.

KLPFROG

OICU812 said:
Probably need to ease up on the "he's just a kid," stuff.  Sounding like his defense lawyer.  He did a big-boy crime(allegedly), no different than if he had beat up a guy in the WalMart parking lot and stole his government cheese.
You obviously didn't read my second post where I said I thought he should be punished and made a mistake. Still a college kid.

Pharm Frog

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Lawyers,

Is this the city/DA going after Tuaua even if the victims decide not to press charges or is this a case of the victims pressing charges?

Not a lawyer by any stretch and only related to tort attorneys but I expect that this is criminal and the state presses charges.

LisaLT

KLPFROG said:
Have you met this young man? I have and he's a nice kid. Unfortunately, he let his emotions get away from him when an imbecile called him the N word. Should he have controlled himself, most certainly, but he's a kid and they do dumb things sometimes.
yes. walk away is what he should have done. but putting your hands on anyone is wrong - especially when he most likely outweighs that other kid by quite a bit.  controlling yourself would be to shout some nasty words back and walk away - not steal their beer and pummel the dude. that's why i said it was dumb…

Zubaz

Have you met this young man? I have and he's a nice kid. Unfortunately, he let his emotions get away from him when an imbecile called him the N word. Should he have controlled himself, most certainly, but he's a kid and they do dumb things sometimes.
And when they do dumb things, they face the consequences. Saying things like "He's a good kid" helps nobody unless someone is disputing the facts of the case, which I really haven't heard.

ETXFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
FrogFrog said:
This is truly bizarre.  

I had a buddy get jumped in FW my senior year.  He got popped with a bottle over the head.  He was briefly hospitalized. Brawl ensued.  Injuries on both sides.

Cops came out.  No arrests were made.  They simply don't waste their time on fights.  Investigating a stolen case of beer is truly absurd.  

What year did this happen, I have a buddy who may have used that bottle 

KLPFROG

LisaLT said:
yes. walk away is what he should have done. but putting your hands on anyone is wrong - especially when he most likely outweighs that other kid by quite a bit.  controlling yourself would be to shout some nasty words back and walk away - not steal their beer and pummel the dude. that's why i said it was dumb
I agree, dumb. You said "buffoon" and that was a little irritating.

TK2000

The fight happened. I'm pretty confident the beer part will get wiped out at the trial and proven not true. Can't say why I believe this. Then it will be one word vs the other as to if the fight was an assault or a mutual deal.

FrogSwagSurfin

DickBumpastache said:
Nobody has any clue of the details, so blaming the victim - rather than the person accused of a felony - is truly bizarre.
Please. It was a fight and nobody was seriously hurt. The reason it is a felony is them taking beer.

bscttyb

Need more facts, but if this was truly just a fight and some beer stolen, I would hope it would get plead down to a misdemeanor.  If the fight caused major harm then I can understand why it was a felony. Either way, that was a dumb move on Tuaua's part and I wouldn't be shocked to see him off the team. We will see.

KLPFROG

Todd D. said:
And when they do dumb things, they face the consequences. Saying things like "He's a good kid" helps nobody unless someone is disputing the facts of the case, which I really haven't heard.
Never said he shouldn't face the consequences. In fact, I said he should be punished. She called him a buffoon. I thought it was rude.

Ballard

panic-attack-o.gif

Everyone in this thread. Let's chill.