• The KillerFrogs

Casey Printers

SnoSki

Being a relatively new TCU fan (I was lucky enough to have 2005/2006 as my first year on campus), I don't know at all who Casey Printers is, other than the fact that so many of you guys like to rag on him..

What on earth happened?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
In a nutshell, the 2001 Gallerfurniture.com Bowl happened. Printers turned in a performance for the ages - and not in a good way - against A&M, then proceeded to take the 1st train out of town.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 10:56 AM) [snapback]553192[/snapback]
In a nutshell, the 2001 Gallerfurniture.com Bowl happened. Printers turned in a performance for the ages - and not in a good way - against A&M, then proceeded to take the 1st train out of town.

He was already leaving ... that has a lot - probably everything - to do with the performance. He had already decided to leave before the game.

Again, not sure what is so hard for people to understand this ...

Frog89

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Apr 30 2010, 10:53 AM) [snapback]553188[/snapback]
Being a relatively new TCU fan (I was lucky enough to have 2005/2006 as my first year on campus), I don't know at all who Casey Printers is, other than the fact that so many of you guys like to rag on him..

What on earth happened?

I paid good money to drive down to Houston to see that game. Made a time investment as well. He still owes me my money and my time back for that ill-inspired performance. We should have beaten A&M by 2 TDs that day. Very similar to the 94 Independence Bowl. In both cases the better team lost b/c of their QB.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 30 2010, 10:57 AM) [snapback]553196[/snapback]
He was already leaving ... that has a lot - probably everything - to do with the performance. He had already decided to leave before the game.

Again, not sure what is so hard for people to understand this ...

that just makes it worse. it's one thing to just play bad. It's another to tank.

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 11:56 AM) [snapback]553192[/snapback]

I remember one pass going almost as high as a punt. A&M DB could have waved for a fair catch ...

Frog89

QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 10:59 AM) [snapback]553200[/snapback]
I remember one pass going almost as high as a punt. A&M DB could have waved for a fair catch ...

I remember that exact pass. And I don't think it was deflected. That's when I knew we were screwed.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Frog89 @ Apr 30 2010, 11:01 AM) [snapback]553202[/snapback]
I remember that exact pass. And I don't think it was deflected. That's when I knew we were screwed.

And the pressure on Printers was modest at best.

QUOTE(Frog89 @ Apr 30 2010, 10:01 AM) [snapback]553202[/snapback]

How about when our defense made an awesome stand and kept the Aggies out of the endzone on 4th and 1 from the 1 and then on the very next play, CP went and threw a pick to the Aggie defender.

It was always about him, never about the team.

Metropolis777

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 11:04 AM) [snapback]553204[/snapback]
And the pressure on Printers was modest at best.

The pressure was extreme on Printers to live up to the paycheck that A&M boosters gave him prior to that game.

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Apr 30 2010, 12:06 PM) [snapback]553207[/snapback]
So just a bad game? Did he throw the game?

I suppose it is impossible to say for sure, but it was a horrible, horrible game against a team that the entire fan base was desperately wanting to beat, that was then followed up, almost immediately, with a transfer to Florida A&M under the auspices of "I want to throw more." Then rumblings of family pressure to go to a program where he could pad his stats started circulating. Let's just say the evidence is circumstantial and hearsay, but it did not point in a favorable direction ...

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 11:12 AM) [snapback]553215[/snapback]
I suppose it is impossible to say for sure, but it was a horrible, horrible game against a team that the entire fan base was desperately wanting to beat, that was then followed up, almost immediately, with a transfer to Florida A&M under the auspices of "I want to throw more." Then rumblings of family pressure to go to a program where he could pad his stats started circulating. Let's just say the evidence is circumstantial and hearsay, but it did not point in a favorable direction ...

Does anybody remember the story of somebody (an LB, perhaps) confronting Printers in the locker room either at halftime or after the game? Seem to remember that stoked the fires amongst the fans.

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 12:14 PM) [snapback]553220[/snapback]
Does anybody remember the story of somebody (an LB, perhaps) confronting Printers in the locker room either at halftime or after the game? Seem to remember that stoked the fires amongst the fans.

Vaguely, yeah.

Digging up the box score, the one thing you might say in Printers' defense is that we had absolutely no running game that day (-26 yards on 24 carries), but he certainly didn't help matters with his performance. Defense, as usual, was solid ...

chee

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 11:14 AM) [snapback]553220[/snapback]

Actually, it was Coach Schultz who told him he was supposed to be the team leader, so LEAD!

Annoying Group of 20

I was trying to find the Heisman poster he made at FAMU. Found these:

cprinters_failure.jpg

cprinters_modesty.jpg

ricksterh

A big part of it was that CP had been recruited by Fran. CP was a Fran fan and when Fran left for Bama after that season Casey decided to leave. He had made the decision before the bowl game and then proceeded to play the bowl game poorly and he threw more int's to the Ags than completions to the Frogs. After the game he announced he was leaving. That's basically what happened.

toad horny

Let's all not forget the phone calls made to the coaching staff constantly during the season from his "family" about play selection, pass attempts, etc.

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 10:14 AM) [snapback]553220[/snapback]

I saw one of the defensive players shouting at him right on the sidelines in the 3rd quarter.