• The KillerFrogs

Casey Printers

jack the frog

QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 12:41 PM) [snapback]553299[/snapback]
"I'M OUT HERE MAKING CHICKEN SALAD OUT OF CHICKEN [Deleted]"...classic CP.

That was THE quote I was trying to recall but could not.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(toad horny @ Apr 30 2010, 10:35 AM) [snapback]553238[/snapback]
<br />Let's all not forget the phone calls made to the coaching staff constantly during the season from his &quot;family&quot; about play selection, pass attempts, etc.<br />

We were basically an option football team when Fran recruited him. It is almost like he is suggesting Fran misslead him or lied to him about the type of scheme he would run. That just wouldn't be like Fran to break his word. The man is an OAK!

AUFrog

QUOTE(froglicious @ Apr 30 2010, 05:57 PM) [snapback]553307[/snapback]
We were basically an option football team when Fran recruited him. It is almost like he is suggesting Fran misslead him or lied to him about the type of scheme he would run. That just wouldn't be like Fran to break his word. The man is an OAK!

I wasn't on the team so my personal experiences were limited to his mom in the stands, at tailgates, etc. and she was always very nice. As a fan, I think he was a really talented kid with family members who thought he was their golden ticket. As an impressionable young man, he unfortunately listed to people he should be able to trust. LT was deserving of the spotlight and publicity and his family was telling him he deserved more.

I definitely don't hate CP, as he made some great plays for us in several games and seemed like a pretty good kid prior to deciding to leave and over the past couple of years (I could have missed bad comments/moments). I do wish he had been wise enough to tune out some of the bad advice and not thrown so many stinking INTs in the GF Bowl, which I attended when I didn't have a whole lot of extra scratch.

Good luck to him...

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(AUFrog @ Apr 30 2010, 12:26 PM) [snapback]553344[/snapback]
<br />I wasn't on the team so my personal experiences were limited to his mom in the stands, at tailgates, etc. and she was always very nice. As a fan, I think he was a really talented kid with family members who thought he was their golden ticket. As an impressionable young man, he unfortunately listed to people he should be able to trust. LT was deserving of the spotlight and publicity and his family was telling him he deserved more. <br /><br />I definitely don't hate CP, as he made some great plays for us in several games and seemed like a pretty good kid prior to deciding to leave and over the past couple of years (I could have missed bad comments/moments). I do wish he had been wise enough to tune out some of the bad advice and not thrown so many stinking INTs in the GF Bowl, which I attended when I didn't have a whole lot of extra scratch.<br /><br />Good luck to him...<br />

I agree with you. The guy who recruited him left. He wanted to throw more. Worked out for everybody.

micahjh

I was on the front row, and Casey Printers was not playing to win. I have never seen a more obvious case of someone not playing to win.

Frogenstein said:
According to the Houston media....

When questioned why he, as the bowl sponsor, would have a rally

(at the Sam Houston Race Park) for the Aggies and not for TCU...

he replied..."they can come if they want". Played linebacker at

North Texas from 1972-73. In Houston, he's generally considered

to be pretty much of a joke. :wacko:

jack the frog

QUOTE(Pure Purple @ Apr 30 2010, 05:17 PM) [snapback]553583[/snapback]
[quote name='Frogenstein'

Another D-bag is Mattress Mac who as the bowl sponser paid for an Aggie pep ralley at the dog racing track but did nothing for the TCU fans. His reason: "Aggies buy more furniture." Houston area Frogs should avoid his stores like the plague.

According to the Houston media....

When questioned why he, as the bowl sponsor, would have a rally

(at the Sam Houston Race Park) for the Aggies and not for TCU...

he replied..."they can come if they want". Played linebacker at

North Texas from 1972-73. In Houston, he's generally considered

to be pretty much of a joke. :wacko:

Walked through a Mattress Mac store around '92 or so. Quite awhile ago, but I seem to remember it all as low quality crap anyway, unless somethings changed.

SnoSki

QUOTE(jack the weed @ May 1 2010, 02:02 AM) [snapback]553653[/snapback]
Walked through a Mattress Mac store around '92 or so. Quite awhile ago, but I seem to remember it all as low quality crap anyway, unless somethings changed.

Always has been low quality. Ikea has nicer looking stuff and is much cheaper.

jack the frog

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Apr 30 2010, 09:09 PM) [snapback]553659[/snapback]
Always has been low quality. Ikea has nicer looking stuff and is much cheaper.

Also I discovered that if you take a gal that has never been to an Ikea shopping at one for a couple hours and include a nice lunch you can do ok....Take a gal to Mattress Macs and probably not so much.

SnoSki

QUOTE(jack the weed @ May 1 2010, 02:24 AM) [snapback]553667[/snapback]
Also I discovered that if you take a gal that has never been to an Ikea shopping at one for a couple hours and include a nice lunch you can do ok....Take a gal to Mattress Macs and probably not so much.

True..

Ikea gal:

gisele_bunchen.jpg

Gallery Furniture gal:
ugly.jpg

Spike

QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 04:21 PM) [snapback]553227[/snapback]
Vaguely, yeah.

Digging up the box score, the one thing you might say in Printers' defense is that we had absolutely no running game that day (-26 yards on 24 carries), but he certainly didn't help matters with his performance. Defense, as usual, was solid ...

One run was for -19 where CP made an option pitch to noone in particular. IIRC the running game was there early, as was the short to intermediate passing game, but CP was determined to throw deep even into double coverage. He finished the day with 4 picks and the D eventually wore down.

desmith03

People really need to remember that we're talking about college kids here. Heck if I had a forum of people criticizing every dang thing I did during my school days...

Casey had a very bad game almost a decade ago. Build a bridge folks!

JugbandFrog

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Apr 30 2010, 04:36 PM) [snapback]553241[/snapback]
GP shoulda put in Stilley in the 2nd half.

I remember me and my buddy chanting for Stilley in the 1st Quarter after it was obvious that Printers was throwing this game away. We got yelled at and abused by the fans in our section. Why they were so upset with us not wanting to support a QB that wasnt supporting himself or his own team is beyond me.

My anger for Printers was overshadowed by the ahole fans in our section.

But I loathe Casey Printers.

tcumaniac

QUOTE(Daniel @ Apr 30 2010, 11:40 PM) [snapback]553698[/snapback]
People really need to remember that we're talking about college kids here. Heck if I had a forum of people criticizing every dang thing I did during my school days...

he was in college.... he's accountable for being an absolute loser and horrible teammate... he was on a full ride scholarship... and what's he do? blows the game against freaking A&M... he deserves every bit of crap he's getting.

and i heard the DB he threw all the picks to was his good buddy from high school and that this DB was on the verge of maybe being drafted to the NFL and that CP was trying to help get his buddy get drafted... just what I heard. ha

TCUSA

QUOTE(Frogenstein @ Apr 30 2010, 12:19 PM) [snapback]553277[/snapback]
He was also reportedly upset that TCU didn't put together a Heisman campaign for him like they did for LT. At the Furniture Bowl when he would come off the field he made it a point to sit on the bench about 10 yards away from any other player.
Also at the TCU hotel hospitality suite the day before the game his mother, who expected to be treated like a queen, kept saying "very big news is about to come out" obviously refering to Casey's transfer announcement after the game.

Another D-bag is Mattress Mac who as the bowl sponser paid for an Aggie pep ralley at the dog racing track but did nothing for the TCU fans. His reason: "Aggies buy more furniture." Houston area Frogs should avoid his stores like the plague.

Good summary, Frogenstein. If I might elaborate a little--the impetus behind Casey's leaving was that LT had garnered a lot of attention and TCU had coordinated a Heisman campaign for him. Printers and family felt that he was deserving of the same kind of effort, even though he'd never even been mentioned for the Heisman. The family thought that the reason his stats didn't reflect a Heisman candidate's was because of the balanced attack we ran and were constantly haranguing the coaches to put in a West Coast type offense to showcase Casey's talents. I have every confidence that if Casey had demonstrated a Heisman-like talent, they would have at least skewed the play calling to passing, at least in his senior year. But Casey was a kid, and like most kids, had no patience for growing into a job. He wanted the limelight and when he didn't get it, he decided to transfer. Which in an of itself is no big deal. But even if you're leaving, you need to finish your job with all the commitment and effort as if you weren't. Casey didn't do that and every fan in the stands and watching television knew something was up from his effort at the galleryfurniture.com Bowl:

The 1999 and 2000 Horned Frogs, coached by Dennis Franchione, also featured Heisman Trophy candidate and future NFL star LaDainian Tomlinson at running back. In 2001, Printers led the Horned Frogs to a 6-6 record and an appearance in the galleryfurniture.com Bowl, where Printers was 15-30 for 144 yards and 4 interceptions in the 28-9 loss.

When he announced his transfer, it wasn't pretty around here (and still isn't). Of course, you can never really judge the character of a kid who dumps your alma mater objectively--and I'm sure he's learned a lot from his experience (at least you would hope)--but there were a lot of indications that he had a lot of growing up to do both on and off the field.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(Daniel @ Apr 30 2010, 11:40 PM) [snapback]553698[/snapback]

It was A&M. No one takes losing to the Aggies well. I'm guessing you graduated in 2002, so you might not fully understand the dislike most on this board have for A&M. Have you ever heard on Jackie Sherrill and the on-side kick?