• The KillerFrogs

Casey Printers

Scarface

I will always remember being at Champs, a sports bar on Belt Line in Addison, the evening after the furniture.com bowl. There was this apparent bookie who seemed to be a regular there and didn't know my friend or me or know that I went to TCU who my friend and I started talking to. He told my friend and I this story about how the QB at TCU threw a game the night before and there was some people around town that made some good money on it. The whole time I never told this guy I was a Horned Frog or that I watched it on TV or that I even cared about the game.

I didn't really care for the guy or want to believe him so I blew it off. But this happened before it was found out later that Printers was leaving TCU. Now I can't help but hating Casey, even though we did better the following year without him. Because of this experience at Champs, I will always be especially proud of Gary and the team for the Liberty Bowl win that next year.

tcudoc

QUOTE(frog22 @ Apr 30 2010, 11:48 AM) [snapback]553251[/snapback]
heard a rumor that the DB he threw the majority of his int's to was actually his cousin. anyone else hear this?

I was thinking the same thing, but my memory is not too clear.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(frog22 @ Apr 30 2010, 11:48 AM) [snapback]553251[/snapback]
heard a rumor that the DB he threw the majority of his int's to was actually his cousin. anyone else hear this?

Never confirmed but definitely talked about.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Apr 30 2010, 11:36 AM) [snapback]553241[/snapback]
GP shoulda put in Stilley in the 2nd half.

Best ESPN sign ever - 2001 game against ECU.

[SIZE=12pt]E[/SIZE]nough

[SIZE=12pt]S[/SIZE]tilley

[SIZE=12pt]P[/SIZE]lays

[SIZE=12pt]N[/SIZE]ow

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(Bob @ Apr 30 2010, 12:07 PM) [snapback]553270[/snapback]
Furniture Bowl, Fiesta Bowl - bowls whose names start with F suck.

At least we got paid by the Fiesta Bowl...fairly certain Mattress Mack never paid a dime to TCU.

Thanks for the plastic cowboy hat and truck stop State of Texas belt buckle though...real keepsakes.

JimSwinkLives!

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 11:14 AM) [snapback]553220[/snapback]
Does anybody remember the story of somebody (an LB, perhaps) confronting Printers in the locker room either at halftime or after the game? Seem to remember that stoked the fires amongst the fans.

It was LaMarcus McDonald, I believe. A friend of a friend was working security inside the TCU locker room and saw it happen.

Frogenstein

He was also reportedly upset that TCU didn't put together a Heisman campaign for him like they did for LT. At the Furniture Bowl when he would come off the field he made it a point to sit on the bench about 10 yards away from any other player.
Also at the TCU hotel hospitality suite the day before the game his mother, who expected to be treated like a queen, kept saying "very big news is about to come out" obviously refering to Casey's transfer announcement after the game.

Another D-bag is Mattress Mac who as the bowl sponser paid for an Aggie pep ralley at the dog racing track but did nothing for the TCU fans. His reason: "Aggies buy more furniture." Houston area Frogs should avoid his stores like the plague.

AEAfrog

QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 11:09 AM) [snapback]553271[/snapback]
At least we got paid by the Fiesta Bowl...fairly certain Mattress Mack never paid a dime to TCU.

Thanks for the plastic cowboy hat and truck stop State of Texas belt buckle though...real keepsakes.

That was the ev1.net version of the Houston Bowl (against Iowa State) that tanked and didn't pay out. Pretty sure we received a check for the Gallery Furniture variety.

Frog79

QUOTE(toad horny @ Apr 30 2010, 10:35 AM) [snapback]553238[/snapback]
Let's all not forget the phone calls made to the coaching staff constantly during the season from his "family" about play selection, pass attempts, etc.

I remember one of his family being rather rude to anyone who questioned anything about her prima donna son on this forum. To them, his problems were apparently the fault of us as well as the coaches.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(AEAfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 12:21 PM) [snapback]553278[/snapback]
That was the ev1.net version of the Houston Bowl (against Iowa State) that tanked and didn't pay out. Pretty sure we received a check for the Gallery Furniture variety.

Maybe so but I think we had similar problems with MM.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(JimSwinkLives! @ Apr 30 2010, 12:16 PM) [snapback]553275[/snapback]
It was LaMarcus McDonald, I believe. A friend of a friend was working security inside the TCU locker room and saw it happen.

Heard he was thrown against a locker either at halftime or after the game.

Frogenstein

It was the ev1.net Houston Bowl that had trouble with the bowl payout. Contrary to reports on the frog fan forum at the time I was told by Davis Babb and Danny Morrison that TCU did receive the payout.

froginaustin

QUOTE(Frogenstein @ Apr 30 2010, 11:27 AM) [snapback]553286[/snapback]
It was the ev1.net Houston Bowl that had trouble with the bowl payout. Contrary to reports on the frog fan forum at the time I was told by Davis Babb and Danny Morrison that TCU did receive the payout.

Eventually the conference got a settlement from the bowl promoters. Payment was not timely.

There was apparently some pretty fierce negotiation among those responsible for the bowl, and perhaps a bank that issued a letter of credit to back up the promised payout, before the money materialized.

Or I could be confused.

Purple Geezer

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 04:04 PM) [snapback]553204[/snapback]
And the pressure on Printers was modest at best.

He did throw that pass against Southern Miss that got us to Houston. And called the play himself, I do believe I remember. However, all in all....

jack the frog

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Apr 30 2010, 11:06 AM) [snapback]553207[/snapback]
So just a bad game? Did he throw the game?

I look at it this way, while I don't believe he intentionally threw the game, he did know he was leaving and could not have cared less about the game or his teammates, and was trying to showcase his arm.
It was struck me as similiar to you and your buddies, out on the school-yard, with nothing of importance on the line, and attempting difficult throws, needle threads, for the heck of it.
Printers showed his stuff on that HBO series also. When the Chefs cut him, he blamed his team-mates, the coaches, everyone, for his failings. Guy has no concept of personal responsibility imo.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(jack the weed @ Apr 30 2010, 12:36 PM) [snapback]553295[/snapback]
When the Chefs cut him, he blamed his team-mates, the coaches, everyone, for his failings. Guy has no concept of personal responsibility imo.

"I'M OUT HERE MAKING CHICKEN SALAD OUT OF CHICKEN [Deleted]"...classic CP.