• The KillerFrogs

Baylor coach loses cool at TCU heckler

Nohitter

Not that this makes anything right, don't think for a minute that the TCU players and fans will not receive the same treatment in September. Baylor has its share of headcase fans just like TCU, if not more.

Spike

The heckler wasn't the old man. The heckler was the 38 year old with a massive wad of chew in his cheek.

That's a little different but not much. That coach had a better physique than any of the players he was supposed to be coaching. That's like me wanting to fight a kid.

Sounds like you know the guy. I don't get the impression that you care for him. Can't say I want to drink a beer with him either but I can't believe that's really an isolated incident.

I wonder how they would have responded to Whitewolf in his day.

MidlandFrog

Not a good representation of our university. Just a game folks, get a life. Clap as they go by and wish them a safe trip home, could be your son one day and you would be just as pissed as that coach was.

roddog

Banned
The heckler wasn't the old man. The heckler was the 38 year old with a massive wad of chew in his cheek.

probably couldnt get into college anywhere, what kind of 38 year old acts like that then calls out the baylor people for not being good christians, all schools a have arsehole fans like that that are an embarassment to sportsmanship

and i saw many baylor players high five that kid!

weklfrog

While it was a classless thing to do, the taunting by the TCU fan was relatively mild. The Baylor coach should have spent his energy getting upset at the taunting and trash talking his own players were doing before and during the game, even as they were being schooled.

Nohitter

That's a little different but not much. That coach had a better physique than any of the players he was supposed to be coaching. That's like me wanting to fight a kid.

Sounds like you know the guy. I don't get the impression that you care for him. Can't say I want to drink a beer with him either but I can't believe that's really an isolated incident.

I wonder how they would have responded to Whitewolf in his day.

Whitewolf was in a league of his own when it came to baiting opposing players. Players on the field actually laughed at some of the stuff he came up with.

OH man I LOVED this video!

That Strength Coach was totally irrational and on the border of violence! Love it!

Would've been better if the Baylor coach had ripped the lips off that fat heckler and then shoved that bottle up the a## of the other one.

In all honestly, though, I've only truly in-your-face heckled one player , and that was that punk a## wide receiver from Air Force who cheap shotted Drew Coleman in the back of the leg away from the play. Those kinds of hits can ruin a career, and I was plenty PO'd, as in violent and irrational PO'd. I swore that day that when he came back to ACS I'd give him hell on the stairs, and you'd better believe I did. Funny thing was, some other guys must have also made the same oath, because I was not alone. He looked embarassed and ran his way down the stairs, but none of the other players reacted. I think they knew he was going to catch some hell.

Spike

While it was a classless thing to do, the taunting by the TCU fan was relatively mild. The Baylor coach should have spent his energy getting upset at the taunting and trash talking his own players were doing before and during the game, even as they were being schooled.

I think they really expected to win. They didn't even show up.

Dogfrog

Agreed. And I refuse to assign "representation of our university" to this lone idiot heckler.

iancurtis

There is an idiot in every crowd. Most of us are embarassed by a heckler like that because of the representation to the school. I sit a few rows in front of a "respected person in the medical field" at the TCU baseball games and him and his wife/?/whatever sit and try to heckle all day but say the most ignorant stuff like, "hey ump I've got some glasses." They also will just yell out at our players like last year when Purke was getting hit a little bit, the guy screamed out, "well I guess the Rangers did the right thing." This guy again is one of our fans.

Still it drives me crazy. Its kind of like those avid high school fans that never touched a field in their life and think that it is their job to ride refs an entire game and high five each other every time they do it.

Spike

what caused that lol

The old stadium was rather uh, intimate. Fans were about 50 feet from the field. The Frog dugout was by 3rd base so that's where most of the fans sat. Whitewolf would start in on the pitcher, the 3rd baseman, the 3rd base coach, home plate umpire, nobody was safe. He would have everyone in the stands, even opposing fans and players rolling. The conference teams would come in on weekends for a 3 game series. If the 3rd baseman made an error on Friday, he was going to hear it all weekend.

This particular 3rd baseman from Tech had booted several so Whitewolf started calling him hotdog. He made another error and Whitewolf threw a hotdog on the field.

One weekend series the UT 3rd baseman had like 3 errors on Friday. All day Saturday he was calling him butterfinger. Sunday he bought like 3 butterfinger bars, but instead of making errors the guy hit like 3 homers, all with men on. I guess we made him mad. I looked over about the 7th inning and he was eating one of the butterfingers.

Back then as a kid I could get in for a buck, even for a Saturday doubleheader. Oh to be young.

jack the frog

There is an idiot in every crowd. Most of us are embarassed by a heckler like that because of the representation to the school. I sit a few rows in front of a "respected person in the medical field" at the TCU baseball games and him and his wife/?/whatever sit and try to heckle all day but say the most ignorant stuff like, "hey ump I've got some glasses." They also will just yell out at our players like last year when Purke was getting hit a little bit, the guy screamed out, "well I guess the Rangers did the right thing." This guy again is one of our fans.

Still it drives me crazy. Its kind of like those avid high school fans that never touched a field in their life and think that it is their job to ride refs an entire game and high five each other every time they do it.

Joy Division fan I take it.

ftwfrog

Good lord it's not that bad. The other team can take a little razzing. Sure the frog fan is a doofus with an ankle tattoo, I wouldnt have done it, i dont have the time or energy. By then I was cracking open a cold one in the parking lot, but the frog fan wasn't cussing, wasn't spitting on the team, a grown man, who is a coach should learn to control himself.