• The KillerFrogs

Baylor coach loses cool at TCU heckler

Frog DJ

We played in some pretty hostile environments back in the day, but my old coach taught us we had to be "deaf, dumb and blind to everything except what was happening between the lines."

That wasn't always easy to do, but it was certainly the wisest thing to do - especially when passing by opposing fans, on the road.

Right after taking a serious whippin' testosterone can cause even the most level headed to lose control, but when you're ridiculously outnumbered the better part of valor is discretion.

The fan was a jack wagon and was definitely asking for it, but the coach should have just kept on walking - if for no other reason than to be a good example to his players.

If you have to threaten to stuff a bottle down someone's throat because of a little verbal smack after getting your tail kicked in your opponent's house, you're in the wrong business.

Go Frogs!

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I agree that it is classless as all get out to taunt these kids and our fans should be ashamed of themselves.

I dont remember if it was the same guy but a couple of our fans were ragging on the BYU players as they came off the field and it was one of the few times I was embarrassed to be a Frog.

There is no room for that stuff and we are better than that

pastorfrog

I agree that it is classless as all get out to taunt these kids and our fans should be ashamed of themselves.

I dont remember if it was the same guy but a couple of our fans were ragging on the BYU players as they came off the field and it was one of the few times I was embarrassed to be a Frog.

Agreed 100%.

57Frog

If TCU sold alcoholic drinks in the stadium we probably would have a lot more of that kind of stupidity to be embarassed by .

DaCrief

That was hard to watch. What a sorry sack. Doesnt deserve to wear purple. Then he tried to blame the player. Disgusting.

TCURiggs

If TCU sold alcoholic drinks in the stadium we probably would have a lot more of that kind of stupidity to be embarassed by .

Not sure I agree with that. It's pretty simple to get booze in to the stadium, so anyone that wants to will and does. Some people are just mouthy idiots.

Side note - I've been a drunken idiot many times, I just haven't gone that route with it. If I'm that age and make it a point to go to the rail to talk trash to college players, please let them punch me in the face.

NativeFrog

Agree. Wish they had been arrested! Too bad the video was posted on this Forum.

mrnicefrog

This is a total lack of class from a TCU "fan"; makes me ashamed to be a frog.

If I had heard this personally I promise you I would have personally slapped this jerk right in his smart mouth.

:angry::angry::angry:

roddog

Banned
I don't agree with taunting Baylor like that, but the Baylor coach was way out of line. 2 wrongs don't make a right. The BU coach could easily have called security aside or stay and talk about things rationally.

security was right there doing nothing about it, and rationally, whos gonna let a couple of 40 plus year old dbags with ankle tatoos sit there and rip 18 kids who just played their hearts out and got destroyed, especially since its baylor, its not like tcu had just beat an elite big 12 team :blink:

it would be one thing if these were tcu students but they were grown [Craig James] retards, woulda love to have seen that coach jump the fence

AEAfrog

I'd be lying if I said I had never taunted an opposing team, but, if you're going to do it, at least do it with purpose and have some creativity. Saying "Good job Big 12" for a solid three minutes at players who are held hostage in a stairwell is kind of pathetic. Pretty poor form to do it after a game as well. Taunting can be useful to throw off a team's concentration during the game, but doing it after the game is just pointless and classless.

AUFrog

Agree completely and hope you said something to the fan taunting the BYU players. There's absolutely no need for that and the video, while it doesn't contain anything that alone is terrible, is completely embarrassing. I hope those 2 are priced out of those seats soon.

InterestedObserver

I know that heckler. There's alot of things I could say, but won't.

The coach shouldn't have done what he did, but I don't really blame him either.

I'm disappointed, but not really shocked by the heckler. I will say that I can say with utmost certainty that he would have wet himself and cried like a girl if that coach came over that wall.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
This is a total lack of class from a TCU "fan"; makes me ashamed to be a frog.

If I had heard this personally I promise you I would have personally slapped this jerk right in his smart mouth.

:angry::angry::angry:

Riiiight ... makes you wonder why the other TCU fans who were hearing this didn't tell them to shut up or "slap this jerk right in his smart mouth."

Not saying it's right what they did ... but.

Lucky that coach didn't jump the rail. Doubt that cop could have stopped him.

Big Frog II

Quite frankly that is embarrassing by TCU fans. Really sounds like something you see elsewhere. We don't need to do that. The final score is enough.