• The KillerFrogs

Baylor coach loses cool at TCU heckler

pastorfrog

Pretty lame to taunt the kids. They can't help it that Art Briles is a high school coach. I love to talk trash to their alums and the fans but leave the kids alone. What I did like in the video is the young boy in a TCU jersey trying to get a high five from all the Baylor players. I used to be that kid.

Lame trash talkers that needed to sober up it sounds like to me.

froghead

Anyone else have an issue with the way "we" were acting. Sure talk all the trash you want to their fans who had been talking, but really can't say I blame that Baylor coach or who ever he is for standing up for his kids!

MTfrog5

The scoreboard should do the talking. This kind of crap isn't necessary.

I know I'm just saying the coach did not need to make the situation worse by cussing like that. The best way to shut us up is saying something like we will see you next year or just keep walking up the stairs like 90% of the team did. Unless it gets personal, I don't think any team needs to interact with any opposing fans.

jake102

Pretty lame to taunt the kids.

They're not kids!! They are at least 18 years old. Good Lord Pastor. We should be saying don't pick on the adults, they were the only ones that were "childish" enough to react.

I probably wouldn't taunt players walking up the steps (especially if I was an overweight semi-slob like those TCU fans) because they could rip my head off.

pastorfrog

They are not "kids" but they are not pros. If you won't do it to a high school Senior then don't do it to a college Freshmen. Having a right to do it and it being right are two different things. And they do not need to have some drunk bum from our university picking a fight with them on the steps.

West Coast Johnny

I know I'm just saying the coach did not need to make the situation worse by cussing like that. The best way to shut us up is saying something like we will see you next year or just keep walking up the stairs like 90% of the team did. Unless it gets personal, I don't think any team needs to interact with any opposing fans.

Definately the coach was in the wrong and should not have thrown fuel on the fire. Its how bad situations start - like the one at Boise vs Oregon two years ago.

McFroggin

I don't agree with taunting Baylor like that, but the Baylor coach was way out of line. 2 wrongs don't make a right. The BU coach could easily have called security aside or stay and talk about things rationally. Instead the BU coach escalated the situation. Asking a fan to go home, yelling, shoving bottles in orifices.....REALLY? Their coach was this close to assault charges.

Rabble Rouser

IMO the heckler was pretty tame and did not cross any lines, it's a rivalry folks! Also if you don't think the kids hear worse at A$M and Tech you are CRAZY. I do think the coach crossed some line and is a poor role model for those kids. It all starts at the top and I think this is just one more example that Briles is a terrible coach.

Tom Brown

Pretty lame to taunt the kids. They can't help it that Art Briles is a high school coach. I love to talk trash to their alums and the fans but leave the kids alone. What I did like in the video is the young boy in a TCU jersey trying to get a high five from all the Baylor players. I used to be that kid.

Lame trash talkers that needed to sober up it sounds like to me.

It was me too. I also used to ask for wristbands, towels, and gloves. Those teams were really generous after mopping the field with us.

The only time ice ever taunted a college athlete was in basketball when DePaul and that schmuck Kleinschmidt brought his dirty play to DMC.

TCURiggs

Pretty weak effort by the TCU clown. I'm not sure if anything pisses me off more than a bad winner. I'd have wanted to punch that guy in the face too. I don't take losses too well, but there's no need to run your mouth like that after a W (although I wanted to chirp to some of those Wisky a-holes).

I thought the line from the Baylor guy was pretty funny, "I like that ankle tat, that's cute."

jake102

If you won't do it to a high school Senior then don't do it to a college Freshmen.

If you wouldn't do it to a college senior, then don't do it to a NFL rookie. If you wouldn't do it to a 3rd year NFL player, then don't do it to a 4th year NFL player.

At some point these "kids" can take a little criticism and heckling. In fact, all the Baylor kids took it just fine.

It was only people 25+ who couldn't control themselves on both sides.

Classless, not funny, stupid, and something we would criticize other schools for doing. No reason for this at all. TCU fans should be better than this childish piece of trash.