• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

FWTFrog

Seriously? You think Schloss left someone who could pitch at home so he could have a cheerleader in the dug out?

Man you are reaching

you should possibly consider that we only used about 6 guys out of the bullpen all weekend - and all of those guys except Savage are mainstream relievers this year that have had shaky moments but need to be solid for the playoffs- Haylen doesnt have to prove anything

And even Savage’s role in the post season will most likely be middle relief - thus seeing how he handled starting inning 6 instead of inning 1 was important

maybe if we had gotten deeper into the Pen like needing 3-4 guys to get through 2-3 innings - things might have been different

but I have no idea where you see some big risk Schloss took when WVU scored a total of 6 runs all weekend

He's a senior leader on the team. He knows he isn't going to use all pitchers on the lineup card on a given day. If you watch the dugout and how he carries the energy at the time you would understand. Haylen Green is the most impactful player on the team from a leadership position and THAT is why he will always travel with the team no matter if he is healthy or not. But again you haven't proven your theory as correct either.

So if he is resting no matter the situation, then why travel him? He's not going to pitch so why take him?

Paul in uhh

I think that's unfair. They made two excellent plays in the outfield. Either of those drops and we win. Give everyone credit for a great game.
Yeah after sleeping on it I’m not that worried. About 5 things had to go perfectly for Texas in order for them to win last night, and they did.

let’s see how it goes today when we aren’t facing a first round pick on the mound.

if we lost by several runs I’d consider it “big game-itis” but not when it’s a one run loss that came down to the final pitch.

GoFrog Yourself

Worth noting they gifted us a run in the 1st inning. So it’s not like they were perfect
Both teams made mistakes and both teams made great plays to take away extra opportunities. Texas just made one or two more great plays/the frogs couldn’t make a couple of their mistakes really hurt

CountryFrog

Worth noting they gifted us a run in the 1st inning. So it’s not like they were perfect
I'm not a huge baseball guy but couldn't you say that almost every run given up (especially in the college game) is gifted? Errors are gifts, walks are gifts, hit batters are gifts, even most hard hits occur because the pitcher missed his spot so that's really a gift too. I feel like baseball is the ultimate game of who can take advantage of those gifts the most. And if you never get any gifts then you're probably not going to have much chance to win.

HToady

What has happened to the Agmos? Their game is on just before ours and they are 6 -16 in the SEC.
I guess they never recovered from losing a Super Regional to the Frogs at home.

Pharm Frog

Not completely sure but I think Okie Lite may have no-hit Kansas in Lawrence and beat the living [ Finebaum ] out of Eli Davis. I think Okie Lite has outscored them something like 32-4 in the first two games of that series. They are back in the top 20 RPI at #17

Pharm Frog

An interesting development out west. RPI 20 Gonzaga has two midweek games against RPI 11 Oregon coming up. Both games at Eugene. Would be very nice for the Zags to take one or both of those games.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Crappy way for the starter to get pulled

if they had run ruled it after 8, I wonder if it counts as a true no hitter
I don't think it does. Madison Bumgarner threw a 7 inning no-hitter against the Braves a few weeks ago and technically it was not counted as a no-no. It was one of those 7 inning mlb double-headers.