• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

flyfishingfrog

He wouldn't completely rule him out of the weekend series unless he was injured. Schloss said that he is treating every game as a must-win, then why not even have him in the bullpen in case of emergency? I'm not saying he is injured but there may be something there.
Having him sit in the dugout isn’t ruling him out - it shows he wasn’t planning on using him

you evidently don’t actually watch our pitching staff during games - we don’t have 22 guys in the pen every night for every inning

for example he was in the dugout the entire Sunday game against OSU even though he had only thrown a little over 2 innings Friday and could have gone Sunday “if we needed him”

but guys go down during breaks in play all the time

not putting him on the travel team and not taking him on the trip would have meant he was ruled out. if he was hurt - Schloss would not have wasted a slot for him because he left bullpen guys at home on this trip like he does on every road trip

Last edited:

Purp

From your lips...

I think the biggest question going into this weekend is H Green healthy? I don't have any info that he is, we just haven't seen him in forever.

Maybe Schloss has been saving him for UT and beyond....but we're probably gonna need him at least twice this weekend.
Like Jake said, certain posters not offering input on this is a little eerie, but my gut tells me Haylen was getting well earned rest. Schloss has said multiple times earlier in the year that he felt he was using him more than he wanted to, but we weren't getting production from enough other guys to stop putting the ball in his hand. Now that we have more guys throwing well in the pen it was an opportunity to test those guys in high leverage situations before they really get tested in the postseason and also benefit by getting Haylen some much needed and well earned rest. Green didn't look like a guy nursing an injury celebrating in the dugout in Morgantown. He also didn't look like a guy who was ill or unfit to play. Granted, every injury that could keep a pitcher on the shelf won't cause him to look unfit in the dugout, but I have a feeling we're reading way more into it than is really there.

FWTFrog

Having him sit in the dugout isn’t ruling him out - it shows he wasn’t planning on using him

you evidently don’t actually watch our pitching staff during games - we don’t have 22 guys in the pen every night for every inning

for example he was in the dugout the entire Sunday game against OSU even though he had only thrown a little over 2 innings Friday and could have gone Sunday “if we needed him”

but guys go down during breaks in play all the time

not putting him on the travel team and not taking him on the trip would have meant he was ruled out. if he was hurt - Schloss would not have wasted a slot for him because he left bullpen guys at home on this trip like he does on every road trip

I am well aware that but in the late innings of games Haylen does go down to the bullpen if there is any chance that he is used. So by saying we are resting Haylen, it doesn't rule out the fact there may have been some sort of injury. Haylen's role is now a closer/high leverage situation pitcher. So then why not have him in the bullpen at all in 8th and 9th innings?

flyfishingfrog

I am well aware that but in the late innings of games Haylen does go down to the bullpen if there is any chance that he is used. So by saying we are resting Haylen, it doesn't rule out the fact there may have been some sort of injury. Haylen's role is now a closer/high leverage situation pitcher. So then why not have him in the bullpen at all in 8th and 9th innings?
Why bring him to WV if he was hurt? You can’t travel the whole team - so why bring him?

FWTFrog

Why bring him to WV if he was hurt? You can’t travel the whole team - so why bring him?

Because he is the most vocal team leader on the team, which has been evident since the opening series in Arlington. You make that sacrifice. Why bring him to WV if he was just going to be rested and not actually pitch?

jake102

Also my thought on having him suited up even if he's injured is so that other teams think he may come in game. Might change their batting strategy (ie be more patient) if they know Green isn't available. Reaching at straws here a little, but just guessing.

flyfishingfrog

Because he is the most vocal team leader on the team, which has been evident since the opening series in Arlington. You make that sacrifice. Why bring him to WV if he was just going to be rested and not actually pitch?
Seriously? You think Schloss left someone who could pitch at home so he could have a cheerleader in the dug out?

Man you are reaching

you should possibly consider that we only used about 6 guys out of the bullpen all weekend - and all of those guys except Savage are mainstream relievers this year that have had shaky moments but need to be solid for the playoffs- Haylen doesnt have to prove anything

And even Savage’s role in the post season will most likely be middle relief - thus seeing how he handled starting inning 6 instead of inning 1 was important

maybe if we had gotten deeper into the Pen like needing 3-4 guys to get through 2-3 innings - things might have been different

but I have no idea where you see some big risk Schloss took when WVU scored a total of 6 runs all weekend

flyfishingfrog

You guys are the biggest bunch of Nancy’s ever - a month ago a bunch of people were freaking out and the world was ending because Schloss was stressing Green by bringing him in to win on a Tuesday when the lead was slipping away

and now we have bait and switch conspiracy theories because he didn’t pitch during a weekend sweep of the .220 hitting #8 team in our league that led one time all weekend for 2 innings by 1 run?

have a cigar and relax - Haylen is feeling fine

Last edited:

Punter1

You guys are the biggest bunch of Nancy’s ever - a month ago a bunch of people were freaking out and the world was ending because Schloss was stressing Green by bringing him in to win on a Tuesday when the lead was slipping away

and now we have bait and switch conspiracy theories because he didn’t pitch during a weekend sweep of the .220 hitting #8 team in our league that led one time all weekend for 2 innings by 1 run?

have a cigar and relax - Haylen is feeling fine

That's it. He needs TJ surgery.