• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Pharm Frog

As anticipated Frogs fall to 5th. Tech up to 9th. That’s the Frogs biggest issue in RPI IMO. Tech played the RPI game well this weekend and put themselves in position to jump the Frogs if they take care of their business and the Frogs drop a game or two. Cancel ULM and heal up for KSU is the strategic play. Tech played it.

Pharm Frog

Just to be clear and fair....the Frogs fell to 5th behind Fairfield. For all intents and purposes that’s 4th for what matters.

Kendall Rogers was in a tweet exchange where he had the Frogs as one of the Top 8 after today’s result. That said, he also said that if Tech wins its last two series and plays well in OKC, he’d move Tech ahead of TCU.

Purp

Just to be clear and fair....the Frogs fell to 5th behind Fairfield. For all intents and purposes that’s 4th for what matters.

Kendall Rogers was in a tweet exchange where he had the Frogs as one of the Top 8 after today’s result. That said, he also said that if Tech wins its last two series and plays well in OKC, he’d move Tech ahead of TCU.
Tech beat the top 2 teams in the conference. They can make a compelling argument. Frogs need to get the starters going again. The bullpen looks pretty good, but we need them to enter with leads.

Pharm Frog

Tech beat the top 2 teams in the conference. They can make a compelling argument. Frogs need to get the starters going again. The bullpen looks pretty good, but we need them to enter with leads.

Let’s assume they “win” their last two series 2-1. They finish third in the conference with 10 conference losses. They will have played only 12 road games all year. I think their case is not as strong from a full season body of work.

flyfishingfrog

Probably need Tech to lose a series or we may be the first team out on hosting Supers

Oregon will end up getting one if they can host because of geographic diversity

ND will get one because they are ND and not SEC

which basically leaves 2 more after the 4 SEC schools all get a bid

berryfrog95

Probably need Tech to lose a series or we may be the first team out on hosting Supers

Oregon will end up getting one if they can host because of geographic diversity

ND will get one because they are ND and not SEC

which basically leaves 2 more after the 4 SEC schools all get a bid

yeah- I’d say Texas has a seed locked up.

But because the ncaa names seeds at the end of THIS week, (If I’m not mistaken) we might have caught a little break since there’s still ball to play in conference after that.

Tech still plays @ OU and home vs KU.

GoFrog Yourself

yeah- I’d say Texas has a seed locked up.

But because the ncaa names seeds at the end of THIS week, (If I’m not mistaken) we might have caught a little break since there’s still ball to play in conference after that.

Tech still plays @ OU and home vs KU.
Potential hosts are announced this week. Seeding not until Memorial Day

flyfishingfrog

Potential hosts are announced this week. Seeding not until Memorial Day
Yep - from what I read it seems they have 20 potential sites for regionals they will announce this week

then at the end of the month after tournaments they will announce the 16 of 20 that will host regionals and the 8 national seeds

so we are going to need to go deep if not win the tourney to lock up a seed and will have to do it against a tech team that will probably think they need to do the same and a few other teams that might feel they need to go deep to get in the post season

that game yesterday had a lot on the line in this regard and we played like we didn’t care

Pharm Frog

Yep - from what I read it seems they have 20 potential sites for regionals they will announce this week

then at the end of the month after tournaments they will announce the 16 of 20 that will host regionals and the 8 national seeds

so we are going to need to go deep if not win the tourney to lock up a seed and will have to do it against a tech team that will probably think they need to do the same and a few other teams that might feel they need to go deep to get in the post season

that game yesterday had a lot on the line in this regard and we played like we didn’t care

So where are those “however many year’s it’s been seniors”? The Big Game Howie’s and such? I saw a 6th year senior yesterday cut at a 3-1 fastball that was a foot inside and kicking up dirt. Not a breaking pitch...a fastball. You won’t ever convince me that he was sitting on that pitch in that location. Ks on a chin high fastball next pitch.

A freshman came to play yesterday. A kid with 18 ABs on the season came to play. Some freshmen pitchers at least looked like they cared.