• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

frogtex

that's a great start....although we know how useless most of these rankings are...
I saw the team twice this fall....Moose, were you able to see them at all? Any thoughts on what you saw?

They seem to have a wealth of talent on the mound....the junior college guys I saw were REALLY impressive....loved the juco Shortstop (Sacko???) and the transfer from Alabama took some really good swings....Wolfe (of course) was hurt....

To me, this team is really going to need the likes of Shepherd, Humphreys, Wolfe, Henry to have good years at the plate...3 of those 4 are 5th year seniors ....

Bottom line is our baseball team lost it's entire weekend rotation and most of the middle of the batting order to professional baseball so this could be a slow start to the season....

and their early schedule is INSANE!

Moose Stuff

that's a great start....although we know how useless most of these rankings are...
I saw the team twice this fall....Moose, were you able to see them at all? Any thoughts on what you saw?

They seem to have a wealth of talent on the mound....the junior college guys I saw were REALLY impressive....loved the juco Shortstop (Sacko???) and the transfer from Alabama took some really good swings....Wolfe (of course) was hurt....

To me, this team is really going to need the likes of Shepherd, Humphreys, Wolfe, Henry to have good years at the plate...3 of those 4 are 5th year seniors ....

Bottom line is our baseball team lost it's entire weekend rotation and most of the middle of the batting order to professional baseball so this could be a slow start to the season....

and their early schedule is INSANE!

Pretty much agree. Pitching staff is talented but it’s gonna be a mostly new weekend rotation. We’ll be leaning on the veterans in the lineup. They will need to produce. It’s not an Omaha quality team IMO but come May we could be a dangerous club.

Moose Stuff

Hearing the injury bug has already claimed its first victim of 2020. Fairly important piece of the puzzle too. I’ll let the name come out when the staff wants it to. Ugh.

Pharm Frog

Hearing the injury bug has already claimed its first victim of 2020. Fairly important piece of the puzzle too. I’ll let the name come out when the staff wants it to. Ugh.

giphy.gif

Purp

Pitching or other? Season ender or something we can get him back from this year?

Last edited: