• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

PurplFrawg

Administrator
And they did it without any puppets. That’s the amazing part.
tenor.gif

Moose Stuff

Yeah - isn’t the end of the world but losing this guy already isn’t going to help but sounds like the procedure was proactive for long term health

I would NEVER look at surgery as proactive. It’s totally REACTIVE. I get what you’re saying but there are no guarantees with surgery and the first one always makes you more susceptible to a second.

flyfishingfrog

I would NEVER look at surgery as proactive. It’s totally REACTIVE. I get what you’re saying but there are no guarantees with surgery and the first one always makes you more susceptible to a second.
I meant vs letting him try and play through it and either struggle to perform or actually making things worse

as a retired Physician, I can’t think of a situation where I would ethically condone surgery as an option to mitigate a condition that didn’t exist just because of a “sport” if that was your point - but there are definitely times surgical procedures are conducted before a condition exists in other situations

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

I meant vs letting him try and play through it and either struggle to perform or actually making things worse

as a retired Physician, I can’t think of a situation where I would ethically condone surgery as an option to mitigate a condition that didn’t exist just because of a “sport” if that was your point - but there are definitely times surgical procedures are conducted before a condition exists in other situations

I agree that the whole concept of elective athletic-enhancement surgery brings up a whole litany of ethical issues. That said....I don't know for 100% certain but I do strongly suspect that there are some ORS who have performed elective "Tommy John-like" surgeries at the urging of aspiring ballplayers despite little to nothing more than elbow pain or extended soreness. There's even medical literature on the subject discussing the ethical issues and the perceived efficacy that may or may not result. Like I said....not 100% certain but pretty darn close. I am 100% that there are athletes that have had LASIK surgery despite having nowhere near indicated conditions to justify (baseball players, golfers, etc). There's also the fairly recent phenomenon of boxers and possibly MMA fighters having bone shaving surgeries and preemptive facial skin replacement with cadaver skin. This is going to become a more common issue IMO in a sports-crazed world with incredible advances in medical technology and technique.

Pharm Frog

Happy three weeks until first pitch. Has TCU released the TV schedule for this season? Considering an ESPN+ subscription if they broadcast a few games

Okie Lite series appears to be on ESPN+ and the Whorn series on the LHN. Other than that I'm not sure and just going off of what's posted on the gofrogs schedule. Right now I'm more than occupied trying to convince Mrs Pharm that we should be there on opening day against Kentucky. So far I have not won that battle. Have been offering up a Morton's or Del Frisco's or Silver Fox or something for Saturday night the 15th and may prevail with that strategy until she finds out that I would also plan to be at the 2pm game that afternoon.

TCUWIN

Yes, this injury hurts, but is not as bad as may seem. Talking to some players, they feel REALLY good about the new pitchers and the other returners.

Frogs will only be on ESPN+ for baseball during some road games this season, I think all home games will be on Frog Vision (gofrogs.com) and FSSW. You could see a few on Fox Sports Oklahoma too.

The 2021 season will see TCU move all home contests to ESPN+ for baseball, and the majority of road games too.

TCUdirtbag

Tv schedule usually comes out very late - as early as a couple weeks out and as late as the week the season begins.

Frogs will only be on ESPN+ for baseball during some road games this season, I think all home games will be on Frog Vision (gofrogs.com) and FSSW. You could see a few on Fox Sports Oklahoma too.

Believe we could see ESPN pick some small number of home games up under the big 12 contract and distribute via +. That would be announced by the big 12. But as always, yes, the vast majority of home games fall to our tier 3 deal that has not yet expired.

The 2021 season will see TCU move all home contests to ESPN+ for baseball, and the majority of road games too.

with the caveat that a very small number could be picked up by ESPN2/U as in past years.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

Yes, this injury hurts, but is not as bad as may seem. Talking to some players, they feel REALLY good about the new pitchers and the other returners.
one of our projected starters told me the staff overall feels like we have as much horsepower on the mound as we have had in a long time going into the season.

He basically said if the pitching staff can perform even close to expectations - we will be back to level we have seen in some of our past squads.

TCUWIN

one of our projected starters told me the staff overall feels like we have as much horsepower on the mound as we have had in a long time going into the season.

He basically said if the pitching staff can perform even close to expectations - we will be back to level we have seen in some of our past squads.
We talk to the same guy??? Lol. Made
me excited. Said a couple of hitters were unbelievable. I said Luken Baker like...and the response was no one is that good but still pretty dang good.

hometown frog

Schloss has said a few times this pitching staff has the chance to be really good if a few of the younger dudes compete like they expect. Sarloos seemed happy w the group when we spoke two weeks ago at the coaches clinic.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
really attractive home schedule.

do have two questions about the minnesota trip the end of february.

first, is that schedule for on campus? that could be a bit interesting to go north in february.

second, will the team get a chance to vist pj flecks house at the risk of the entire team going into the transfer portal?

I’m going to Minnesota for all 3 games.
It’s in the Vikings stadium so there is no weather element!

Moose Stuff

I would tap the breaks on that just a bit. We have guys who throw hard (not at all uncommon anymore)..... but there’s no Morrison or Finnegan or Lodolo or Ferrell or Feltman.... We should be better but I wouldn’t hold your breath on a return to Omaha just yet.

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

I would tap the breaks on that just a bit. We have guys who throw hard (not at all uncommon anymore)..... but there’s no Morrison or Finnegan or Lodolo or Ferrell or Feltman.... We should be better but I wouldn’t hold your breath on a return to Omaha just yet.

I think Meador will be a stud before it is all over. He throws hard but also knows how to pitch. He just doesn't depend on his fastball.