• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

MTfrog5

"Any player who participated in a spring sport would be granted an additional year of eligibility."

Would be great if they did this for Winter sports who's championships were also impacted.

Our Women's Basketball team deserves better.

Also, I could stand another year of Bane.
I’m on the fence about basketball. They played an entire regular season but also understand they didn’t get to play for a championship

flyfishingfrog

If this had to happen, wish it would have occurred one of these past few seasons.

Was looking like we had a pretty exciting ball club this year. Pretty devastating news.

Here are seniors we may never see play for TCU again:
Zach Humphreys
Charles King
Haylen Green
Austin Henry
Hunter Wolfe
Conner Shepherd
Gene Wood
Dalton Brown

Makes me a little sick to my stomach.
Just as worried about the RSoph/juniors that we won’t ever see again either

Westsider

If this had to happen, wish it would have occurred one of these past few seasons.

Was looking like we had a pretty exciting ball club this year. Pretty devastating news.

Here are seniors we may never see play for TCU again:
Zach Humphreys
Charles King
Haylen Green
Austin Henry
Hunter Wolfe
Conner Shepherd
Gene Wood
Dalton Brown

Makes me a little sick to my stomach.

Yeah, a bunch of really good kids who deserved a senior year, and they could all contribute next year, but if you’re honest, you would cherry pick that list and tell most of them to call it a day and make room for the next group IMO.
Hopefully the draftable pitchers will feel their body of work is Incomplete and will return. Wishful.....

tcumaniac

scheiss that. That's 12+ hours that I didn't want to open up.
Wasn't trying to imply that was a good thing.

Coworker told me today he was listening to sports talk radio this morning on the way to work (maybe the ticket?) and one of the guys said "One good thing about having no sports to watch these days is that I've learned that my wife and kids are actually pretty cool.

boonecountyman

I hated to see a good start to the season go down the drain.Just hope we keep up the good work by Mazey and crew.
@WVUBaseball
was special Best 16 game start to the season since 2009 *National categories* 19th RPI 19th ERA 7th WHIP 30th Fielding % 5th Hits Allowed Per 9 8th Stolen Bases 5th Shutouts Thrown Braden Zarbnisky 12th in hits Jake Carr 33rd in WHIP

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I hated to see a good start to the season go down the drain.Just hope we keep up the good work by Mazey and crew.
@WVUBaseball
was special Best 16 game start to the season since 2009 *National categories* 19th RPI 19th ERA 7th WHIP 30th Fielding % 5th Hits Allowed Per 9 8th Stolen Bases 5th Shutouts Thrown Braden Zarbnisky 12th in hits Jake Carr 33rd in WHIP

I would hope even a mediocre team would’ve have excelled against Kennisaw State, Mercer, et al. The only decent baseball school was Coastal Carolina and you lost 14-2. So not sure much can be gleaned from the stats or the start. You may have been great, but you can’t draw much scientific evidence from that schedule...

boonecountyman

I would hope even a mediocre team would’ve have excelled against Kennisaw State, Mercer, et al. The only decent baseball school was Coastal Carolina and you lost 14-2. So not sure much can be gleaned from the stats or the start. You may have been great, but you can’t draw much scientific evidence from that schedule...
While the names may not impress you,the schedule was good enough to get the RPI 19.Prior to playing WVU,Mercer was a 1-loss team(Fla.St)with a Top 25 RPI.Mazey does know how to schedule to get a quality RPI,teams who he anticipates being good to winning their conferences.Also,3 SO in the last 5 games with a no-hitter against a Top25 RPI(KentST).All of this with replacing the entire starting staff and developing a bullpen.

boonecountyman

I'll also comment on the Coastal game.That was on the road and the second game of the day.The game was 2-1 going into the 7th inning and the young bullpen did not respond when called upon.13 of our 16 games have been on the road.Normally the team doesn't start hitting early as they never get outside practice due to our weather.This year was no different but the pitching was good enough to hold teams until our hitters started coming around.Scheduling Power 5 schools don't always play quality baseball compared to mid-majors.Many smaller school teams in the south play quality baseball.

Purp

While the names may not impress you,the schedule was good enough to get the RPI 19.Prior to playing WVU,Mercer was a 1-loss team(Fla.St)with a Top 25 RPI.Mazey does know how to schedule to get a quality RPI,teams who he anticipates being good to winning their conferences.Also,3 SO in the last 5 games with a no-hitter against a Top25 RPI(KentST).All of this with replacing the entire starting staff and developing a bullpen.
RPI is pretty useless until midway through the season. I wouldn't assign much value to #19 in RPI until April at the earliest.

Last edited: