• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

boonecountyman

That wasn't a prediction. I'd like to be able to make a prediction but anything I do at this point would be a pure guess. I don't see the Frogs finishing behind either Kansas school or WVU. Other than that....no idea.
WVU having a typical start to the season.Bats have been cold until this past weekend.Starters pitching well without run support but need to find a 4/5 midweek starter.Big test coming this week with Kent St(23rpi) and weekend series at Mercer(13 rpi and 11-0).We will not finish 7th in conference.

Pharm Frog

WVU having a typical start to the season.Bats have been cold until this past weekend.Starters pitching well without run support but need to find a 4/5 midweek starter.Big test coming this week with Kent St(23rpi) and weekend series at Mercer(13 rpi and 11-0).We will not finish 7th in conference.

8th?.....just kidding. How do you think the Big 12 final standings will look? I'm hopeful that the Oklahoma schools begin to drop off but the conference looks to be pretty good such that a 7th place finish might not be that bad relatively speaking. Not sure we can count on another UT collapse but it would make me happy.

boonecountyman

8th?.....just kidding. How do you think the Big 12 final standings will look? I'm hopeful that the Oklahoma schools begin to drop off but the conference looks to be pretty good such that a 7th place finish might not be that bad relatively speaking. Not sure we can count on another UT collapse but it would make me happy.
I don't know if there is a super team to dominate this year.I see a lot balance up and down the conference.KSU and KU might be the weakest but I would never take any game/series for granted this year.I haven't seen many teams this year although I saw a little of TT and OSU.WVU's pitching depth could be a problem if some of the youth doesn't develop fast.

Pharm Frog

I don't know if there is a super team to dominate this year.I see a lot balance up and down the conference.KSU and KU might be the weakest but I would never take any game/series for granted this year.I haven't seen many teams this year although I saw a little of TT and OSU.WVU's pitching depth could be a problem if some of the youth doesn't develop fast.

Oh I think that the teams that manage to dominate KSU and KU may very well be the ones that end up on top. And the pitching depth is one of two reasons that I wonder a bit about WVU....the other reason is that the travel schedule for WVU just has to be draining on a team. I think that puts WVU at a disadvantage from the start but not sure how much of a disadvantage.

boonecountyman

Oh I think that the teams that manage to dominate KSU and KU may very well be the ones that end up on top. And the pitching depth is one of two reasons that I wonder a bit about WVU....the other reason is that the travel schedule for WVU just has to be draining on a team. I think that puts WVU at a disadvantage from the start but not sure how much of a disadvantage.

It appears that my worries about pitching might be premature.Staff took 2 of 3 from Mercer this weekend on the road.Only allowed 4 runs the entire series.

Pharm Frog

With just over 27% of the regular season complete, Frogs sit at 11-4 at #28 in RPI.
The four losses include 3 one-run defeats and an extra-inning loss.
Frogs #18 in the NCAA in drawing walks. #96 in BA. #9 in ERA. #16 in WHIP. #31 in fielding percentage. Tied for #261 in sac bunts (also known as dead last),

UTA sitting at #4 RPI presently.
UCLA moves to #1 after beating USC handily
Kansas is the only B12 team with a losing record.

MTfrog5

With just over 27% of the regular season complete, Frogs sit at 11-4 at #28 in RPI.
The four losses include 3 one-run defeats and an extra-inning loss.
Frogs #18 in the NCAA in drawing walks. #96 in BA. #9 in ERA. #16 in WHIP. #31 in fielding percentage. Tied for #261 in sac bunts (also known as dead last),

UTA sitting at #4 RPI presently.
UCLA moves to #1 after beating USC handily
Kansas is the only B12 team with a losing record.
Going to leave a lot on base if BA doesn’t improve when we do walk or we won’t leave anyone on like the USC game

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

LisaLT

Due to on-going rain showers and projected evening forecasts, TCU's baseball game at San Diego State Tuesday night has been cancelled. The game will not be made up.

TCU (11-5) will return home to start a four game homestand Friday night. The Horned Frogs will host Maryland in a three game weekend series before welcoming Sam Houston State to town on Tuesday.

https://gofrogs.com/news/2020/3/10/tuesdays-baseball-game-at-san-diego-state-cancelled.aspx
i think we are 11-4

Pharm Frog

TCU with a big positive move in RPI yesterday by not playing. Good job fellas!

Meanwhile, OU beat UTA 3-0
Okie Lite beat St Louis 22-4
Tech lost to Miss State 6-3
Maryland plays James Madison later today.
And interestingly, Maryland plays SHSU next Wednesday. Perhaps this could help the Frogs as SHSU will have to play two midweek games next week. But that SHSU game is looking like it might be a much riskier game than would have been anticipated by recent history. SHSU is scuffling at 7-7 and 1-2 in conference. Not a game the Frogs can afford to drop.