• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

TCUdirtbag

Sunday/weekend recap:
- Tech beat FSU today, went 3-0 this weekend (2 vs. FSU, 1 vs. FAU)
- Vandy beat Hawaii in extras to take the series 2-1
- UCLA destroyed another opponent (Illinois) to go 3-0 in Frisco
- OU no-hit LSU, went 2-1 this weekend in Houston
- DBU won today's rubber match vs. Arkansas State

- Minnesota lost to NC State today, went 1-2 this weekend
- OK State beat A&M today to go 1-2 in Frisco
- A&M got swept by Illinois, UCLA, and OSU in Frisco
- WVU beat Richmond, went 2-1 this weekend
- Stetson won today's rubber match vs. UMBC

- Kansas lost to Western Carolina today, went 1-3 this weekend
- Texas lost to Missouri, went 1-2 in Houston this weekend

- USC won their rubber match vs. Seton Hall
- Maryland got swept by Coastal
- Kentucky got swept by UNC Wilmington

- UTA won their rubber match with Utah
- Sam Houston lost their rubber match with Louisiana
- SFA got swept in 4 at Portland (1-17 today)

- UTRGV went 3-1 vs. South Dakota St
- San Diego St won their rubber match with Oregon St
- Baylor is 2-0 so far this weekend, and is up on Arkansas now in Houston

Pharm Frog

Baylor beat Arkansas late last night so make that 5.

Also illustrates how meaningless RPI at this point. BU beats LSU. Arkie, and Mizzou in the same weekend and sits at 155 or so. (But that is a big improvement over where they started the weekend...back in the 230's.). Just can't afford to lose at home to 2-7 Nebraska and drop two at home to 4-7 ORU. It's possible that those turn out to be okay losses but makes me wonder if a team should ever play a "lesser" opponent at home. Risk v reward seems off and could use a little calibration I think given that there's increasing parity in the college game.

Moose Stuff

Also illustrates how meaningless RPI at this point. BU beats LSU. Arkie, and Mizzou in the same weekend and sits at 155 or so. (But that is a big improvement over where they started the weekend...back in the 230's.). Just can't afford to lose at home to 2-7 Nebraska and drop two at home to 4-7 ORU. It's possible that those turn out to be okay losses but makes me wonder if a team should ever play a "lesser" opponent at home. Risk v reward seems off and could use a little calibration I think given that there's increasing parity in the college game.

I’ve never spent one second looking at or caring about RPI.

Pharm Frog

I am getting a feeling that the Big 12 is gonna be very very salty this year. Could see the Frogs finishing at or near the top but also could see them finishing in the bottom half of the conference.

PurpleBlood87

Tuesday's game with Texas-Arlington has been moved to 4 p.m. because of the threat of rain. Just recieved the email.

Dear TCU Baseball Fan,

Due to potential inclement weather expected on Tuesday, first pitch for our upcoming baseball game vs. UTA will now be at 4:00pm tomorrow. Thank you for your understanding and support as we try to get this game played.

Go Frogs!

TCU Athletics Ticket Office

tickets@tcu.edu

817-257-FROG (3764)