• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

Pharm Frog

My favorite uniforms. White pins with bold purple piping on outside of legs. Stylistic Frogs across chest. Sharp, sharp, sharp. Cal looks sharp too

TCUdirtbag

Saturday Scores:
- OU lost to Mizzou in 10 in Houston
- DBU lost to Arkansas State (rubber match tmrw)
- Hawaii upset Vandy (rubber match tmrw)
- Baylor beat LSU in Houston
- Stetson edged UMBC
- Kansas and Ball State split a DH
- WVU beat William & Mary
- Oklahoma St lost to Illinois in Frisco
- K-state hammered Fairleigh Dickinson 20-1
- USC beat Seton Hall (rubber match tmrw)
- Maryland lost to Coastal again
- ACU lost to Youngstown State
- Utah beat UTA (rubber match tmrw)
- Kentucky lost to UNC Wilmington again
- SFA lost to Portland, twice

Not a great day for our current RPI -- opponents we have already played have gone 0-5, but there are still some a couple bright spots in there as we look ahead, I guess. Several interesting games still ongoing:

- Tech at FSU tied in the 9th
- UCLA up big in the 6th vs. A&M in Frisco
- Minnesota down, but not out yet in the 6th vs. Duke
- Texas up early on Arkansas
- San Diego State up early on Oregon State

It's way too early to look at our current RPI, and as always, the best thing the Frogs can do for their RPI is to keep winning. Getting off to a 9-1 start is great. Cal hasn't been swept yet, and the Frog bats have been quieter this weekend (though fewer free passes is also ratcheting down those total run numbers, too), so keep an eye on that, too.

Would love to stay perfect at home with Ws over Cal and UTA before going west. Next weekend will be a great test on the road against 2 stout and 2 elite opponents. Will learn a lot, I think.

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

Update on those Saturday scores:
All those leaders held on to win, and Tech beat FSU in extras. They’ll rematch tomorrow. Good RPI road win for tech, and the league