• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

FBallFan123

Pete Alonso just tied the Mets rookie HR record (with the Straw) at 26.

It's JUNE.

That's both impressive and a good indication of how bad the Mets are, especially their scouting.

Alonso is having a monster season.

Looks like Bellinger’s NL Rookie HR record (39) may not last long.

Eight

will be interesting to see what roster decisions the astros make in the very near future.

yordan alvarez through 12 games has 7 hormes runs, 16 rbi, hitting well over .300, ops over 1.200, and has drawn 8 walks.

teams will find the holes eventually, but i just don't see how they can send him back to round rock.

Ron Swanson

will be interesting to see what roster decisions the astros make in the very near future.

yordan alvarez through 12 games has 7 hormes runs, 16 rbi, hitting well over .300, ops over 1.200, and has drawn 8 walks.

teams will find the holes eventually, but i just don't see how they can send him back to round rock.
Yeah he’s gotta stay up

Tyler White can go if need be. I love Straw and Marisnick, but they’re no Air Yordan.

MTfrog5

I was having a discussion at work the other day about how baseball has transitioned over the years and thought I’d ask y’all as well: Will there be another 3000 hit member? We said it will be really hard and thought Trout might be the best bet now. Even he has a lot of work to do and will probably need to play 12-14 more years.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I was having a discussion at work the other day about how baseball has transitioned over the years and thought I’d ask y’all as well: Will there be another 3000 hit member? We said it will be really hard and thought Trout might be the best bet now. Even he has a lot of work to do and will probably need to play 12-14 more years.

Miguel Cabrera is probably the only one that has a shot anytime soon. Who knows after him.

But that's pretty much everyone who ever hit the mark. That's why it's an automatic HOF qualifier.

Eight

the crazy thing about reaching 3,000 is the level of consistency it requires.

trout is under 1,300 hits at just over 27 years of age. his career average is 180 hits a season and that means he would need 9+ more seasons at that level of production and he has only had more than 180 hits twice in season.

altuve had 4 great seasons in which he amassed just under 850 hits before the injuries hit him and he isn't even halfway to 3,000. close, but that back side of the 1,500 has gotten to be among the toughest numbers to compile in sports.

Eight

So you’re saying the all time wins record is safe?

consider that at 31-years of age clayton kershaw who wins at .696 clip over his 12 year mlb career has 160 career wins. he would need 8+ seasons of his career average 16 wins a season to get to 300 wins.

max scherzer who has had a great last 10-years is sitting at 156 career wins.

sabathia, who bmoney mentions above, has only won 10 games or more once in his last 6 seasons.

the last pitcher to win 300 games in his mlb career was randy johnson who won 65% of his decisions and it took him 22 years to get to 300.

heck, greg maddux had some absolutely absurd seasons even pitching in wrigley, has numbers that are among the very best of the best and it took him 20 years to reach 300 wins.

MTfrog5

consider that at 31-years of age clayton kershaw who wins at .696 clip over his 12 year mlb career has 160 career wins. he would need 8+ seasons of his career average 16 wins a season to get to 300 wins.

max scherzer who has had a great last 10-years is sitting at 156 career wins.

sabathia, who bmoney mentions above, has only won 10 games or more once in his last 6 seasons.

the last pitcher to win 300 games in his mlb career was randy johnson who won 65% of his decisions and it took him 22 years to get to 300.

heck, greg maddux had some absolutely absurd seasons even pitching in wrigley, has numbers that are among the very best of the best and it took him 20 years to reach 300 wins.
That was a sarcastic post. The three records that I don’t think will ever be touched is wins, doubles, and strike outs